One off barrage

Easy swap just need to swap axle side rod ends with traxxas 1942 rod ends. The barrage has 3 mm set screws in the links for the rod ends. And replace the chassis side uppers too to rid of the ball stand at least my gen 1 was that way.

If you search Hillbilly's barrage upgrade bible in Google i did a full on write up on modifying these little trucks. Its on another forum not sure how this forum works with links to other places.

Last edited:
Fun project, and the Cat axles should be tough enough. I’ll definitely check out your build write up. Was thinking I’d get an Everest 10 for parts. That’s a ridiculous idea cause I’d end up building both trucks lol. Better just get the axles and finish this build first.

I have been thinking about getting another truck and would like your opinion please. I’d like to stay around $300, so my options are decent. I like the Axial Deadbolt 2, the Vaterra F100 bind n drive, and the Redcat Gen 7 sport. That $200 price on the Cat seems like a good deal for something I think I could be happy with. I’m also curious about the new TRX 4 sport. Might have to be patient and get that one. Help me out here bud, I’m confused. I think I want all of em lol

Gen 7 sport is very under rated. But needs a different body imho. The deadbolt 2 ain't much the trail honcho 2 would be a better choice. The Vaterra is a great rig once you curb the torque twist. And the trx-4 sport is a stripped down trx-4 great for a builder in mind.

Nice, thanks for the advice/info. Your build is looking sweet. Are those some RC4WD parts ? I’m pulling the foam out of my lil Mud Slingers. The RC4WD wheels are so much easier to assemble without the foams. I was thinking I’d get more grip. These tires are only 3.6 inches so I’m not worried about the sidewalls collapsing. I’ll give it a try and if I don’t like it, I could put the foams back in, or get some different ones. Closed cell, or two stage soft. If anyone even makes a crawler foam for tires this size. Also, I didn’t vent the tires or drill vents in the wheels so they are sealed with trapped air inside. Seems better, but the trail will tell.

If I decide on a Gen 7, I think it might need the Proline 81 Ford Bronco body. My parents had one back when I was a kid, and my Barrage needs the 72 Chevy C-10. I had a 68, so that’s two more projects lol

Leave foam in it'll work better, vent at least two 2 mm holes 180* out from each other in tires it helps.

From better foam crawler innovation are best and have a wide range to choose from.

The chevy body vaterra v100s will fit and can get them painted or clear.

Yes those are rc4wd parts.

Chopped down stock front bumper

Scaler fab pre runner Rubicon front bumper

Wertymade 4" rear bumper

Nice little bumper and the plate that mounts the bumper to the chassis has some weight maybe help even things out.

Starting to look like something

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back