Pinion gear

Khayy

I’m a newbie , I have a 1/18 ruckus and wanted to upgrade to a brushless system . I got the hobbywing EZRUN 18T 5200kv system . I replaced the stock motor with the new one , however the stock pinion gear does not fit on the hobby wing motor shaft . The shaft size is 2mm and the stock one is 5 mm . Can anyone give me some advice on where to get the same stock pinion gear with a 2mm bore .. the pinion gear is 14T 48P ?

I am seeing pinions with 2mm bore , but it says 14T .5mod !!! Is this the same as 14T 48P??? Can anyone explain ..

Gear pitch is .5 mod TRA7592 https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=tra7592 will work.

Your Hobbywing motor has no flat spot on the shaft for a set screw to secure a pinion to the shaft. What I did with mine is ground down a flat spot on the shaft for the set screw.

Stock 380 motor has a 2.3mm shaft and as you know the pinions are just pressed on.[/QUOTE
Gear pitch is .5 mod TRA7592 https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=tra7592 will work.

Your Hobbywing motor has no flat spot on the shaft for a set screw to secure a pinion to the shaft. What I did with mine is ground down a flat spot on the shaft for the set screw.

Stock 380 motor has a 2.3mm shaft and as you know the pinions are just pressed on.

Thank you so very much for the info sir , I will purchase it and do as u advise ..

Both "mod" and "pitch" define the size of the gear teeth.

For gears, 0.5 mod tells you that the "module" of the teeth is 0.5mm. Module is calculated by dividing the pitch diameter by the number of teeth. So your 14-tooth 0.5 mod pinion has a pitch diameter of 7mm.

In US units, they use "diametral pitch" instead. Diametral pitch is calculated by dividing the number of teeth by the pitch diameter. Usually reported as "48P" meaning 48 teeth per inch of pitch diameter. So it's inverted from the module definition. A 14T 48P pinion has a pitch diameter of 0.29 inches.

The sizes are really close, but not the same. BTW, pitch diameter is the effective diameter of the gear. It's smaller than the outside diameter you can measure with a caliper.

To get your pinion to mesh properly with the spur gear, you must use the same size teeth. So either match module or match diametral pitch.

Matching the inner hole diameter to the motor shaft size is another concern. But not directly related to teeth size.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back