please help! brushless motor keeps eating up transmisions parts and melting slipper clutch

lenphi22

my slipper clutch is maxed out tight and it still spins and melts the pads and plastic case if i keep running it. anything i can do? it's fast but not crazy fast.
also, i had rc shop rebuild my motor and now the shaft slides out and eats a hole in the cover and offsets the pinion gear so much it stops contacting spur gear and tries to strip it out.

anyone have a good roller i can just biuld from my stuff off the torment

Sounds like whoever built your motor, forgot to put the spacers on the end of the armature back in.

That will do more damage than just burn up your spur gear, eventually it could short out and damage your ESC too. The brushes won’t contact as much as the armature as they should and Will generate resistance and heat.

550 sized motors usually have a longer shaft and require drilling a small hole on the gear cover anyways, so if your 540 motor walked and chewed the cover already, no big deal. Upgrade to a traxxas 12T 550 motor if you plan on keeping it brushed. You won’t be disappointed. They have a better longevity than most brushed motors and tons of power. I was able to buy 2 on my local buy sell for $15 each back when my torment was brushed.

If your brushless, it’s a little different story since there is no armature and it all works off a electro magnetic field. It just won’t work as efficiently. Still sounds like they forgot to put the spacers back onto the end of the drum/shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back