Power surges

Hi guys, I’m new to the community but have had two amps for the last two years and absolutely love them. I installed a 15t dynamite in my sons MT and was going to install that or brushless in my DB. The 15T has a good amount of speed to it but the power drops in and out. I’m running a 3300 stock batteries and all else is stock. What could be causing the surging? Any help would be appreciated.

So the only change you did was a new motor? Sounds like it could be a bad connection somewhere, like the motor wires. I use penetrox/nolox on all my connections that push together, even the battery. It can be found at places like home depot in the electrical department. Sticky stuff, a very small thin coating is all that's needed.
If all your connections are good, could be something is on its way out, like the esc, or even the battery if it only happens under high load. When does it lose power? And does it lose all power, or does it just seem to lag?

The connections are good I’ve doubled checked those, the 15t motor came with bullet connectors like the stick motor. The motor is the only thing I’ve replaced. It doesn’t loose all power just lags, we can take off side my side and he smokes mine with a stock 20t, then he lags to where we’re about the same speed then takes of again. When it does lag, you can stop then it has full power again. I think you’re right about the esc. It’s happens with all batteries. We have 6 total ready to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Back