Prime RC PMQ1023 Steering Servo Problem

jamesx65

Recently I just bought the Prime RC (PMQ1023) High-Torque Full Metal Gear Steering Sevo. I installed and when I went to take it on it’s first run I noticed that steering was reversed, but I easily fixed this by using the switch on the remote. The second (and major) problems I still have is that it turn to the right all the way (full lock) but I only turns to about 1/3 full lock to the left. I also noticed that when turning to the right, about half way to full lock the steering binds a little bit and then keeps going. Any help giving these problems would be very appreciated. I’m not sure if I installed it incorrectly or if it’s something to do with reprogramming it with the ESC or something (I have a Sidewinder 3 in that case).

Thanks,
Ryan

@jamesx65 Disassemble the steering and the servo arm/horn. Look for any possible binding in the steering system. Then, trim your steering nob totally centered, put your wheels pointing forward and then, carefully put the arm on the servo. Try then your steering, it should steers the same left and right. If not, you may have a defective servo.

@jamesx65 Disassemble the steering and the servo arm/horn. Look for any possible binding in the steering system. Then, trim your steering nob totally centered, put your wheels pointing forward and then, carefully put the arm on the servo. Try then your steering, it should steers the same left and right. If not, you may have a defective servo.
Thank you for the help very appreciated! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back