Progress being made

Jon0822

After having my Amp MT close to 7 months now and having gone through highs and lows I finally have it running smooth again, so I figured I’d share a little of the actual progress and work put into it so far.

The previous owner had put in a Traxxas Titan 12T and Axial Shocks with a thicker oil (I forgot the weight).

I started out with putting in a Spektrum SRX200 receiver/transmitter and Hobbywing 1060 ESC after the stock dual one fried (don’t ask how I still scratch my head sometimes). After one esc that arrived from amazon was faulty I got a brand new one and the truck sprang back to life. Next though was the battery, the stock 1800mah showed its age only having about 70% capacity and just not doing the truck justice so I went to my LHS and picked up an 8.4v 7-cell 3300 Nimh. This truck is fast for brushed now, like it’s night and day between the new pack and old pack.
Next on my list is tires and a Better steering servo.

My dilemma so far is my girlfriend wants big tires like the Ruckus has, but I want to enter the truck in my local tracks Rookie 2WD class and so want tires closer to stock size like the Sixpack ST. Any ideas on which or both? And any ideas what parts I should prepare to replace with aluminum for ‘if’ they break?

Post some pictures of your new AMP MT when you get a moment.

And any ideas what parts I should prepare to replace with aluminum

I'd suggest, in most cases, not using aluminum. It's only going to cost more and transfer impacts to other parts.

Post some pictures of your new AMP MT when you get a moment.

I'd suggest, in most cases, not using aluminum. It's only going to cost more and transfer impacts to other parts.
I will once I figure out the newest issue LOL. It runs great for about ten minutes then just slows and stops and the ESC beeps like I just turned it back on, then when I reapply throttle the car surges forward a few feet before repeating slowing stopping and the ESC beeping. Battery is a brand new 8.4v 3300 mah Nimh with full charge before runs. I checked the esc and first two times it was hot last time it was still cool. Have you seen this issue and can my LHS fix it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back