Racing my Franken Amp at The Barn Raceway in NH

Jeb

61230115-B611-4F41-BED3-DC1C5F432CA7.jpeg CC144AD8-B8AE-4FF9-9335-79374B4B1947.jpeg Yesterday I ran my Amp Silverado in the Sportsman class because there wasn’t a Stadium truck class. The frost was coming out of the track all day making fot some muddy fun. After 2 heats I came out of the Main with a first place finish. I love running this truck. I also ran my Tekno 4x4 SCT and had a good race as well. We run a reverse starting grid in the Main so top qualifiers start in the back and have to battle their way back to the front. It’s a good way to learn clean passing and racer etiquette.

By the looks of the videos and the chassis, I'd think you had a heck of a good time.

How did you finish the day?
I finished 1rst with my Amp and qualified 5th out of 18 after 2 heats with my sct. Finshed 8th in the sct A main after some mistakes and the reverse starting grid. I had my fastest laps to date and am happy with that.

The AMP is totally in its element there! Nice work! Love seeing these videos and reading about your experiences racing the truck.

Clean driving--compared to the rest :) Great to see an AMP doing well against the big boys--what were some of the other cars?
Slashes and losi’s. Sportsman is an open class that lets you run any kind of vehicle. It usually has a lot of beginners as well. I felt too big running my Amp in the 2wd buggy class. It’s good practice.

Latest posts

Members online

Back