Rear lockout mod

Dicke1976

has anyone installed hot racing lockouts on the rear of their temper? Do you need to cut down the little nubs that the screws go into to get the new hubs to slide all the way on?

Hi! Just wanted to confirm that the newer ECX Temper includes the Barrage V2 axles. I bought my ECX Temper in November 2017 and it had the V2 axles on it. I found some RedCat Racing Everest 16 axle housings (without the nubs) for $3.57 each at a local hobby shop and bought them so I wouldn't have to modify my existing axles (kept them for backup or another build) when installing the ECX rear lockouts.

I know I could have purchased the Barrage lockouts, knuckles, and hubset but the ECX Barrage knuckles and hub set cost more than the Hot Racing knuckle and hub set for the ECX Temper and I like the blue color.

Hi! Just wanted to confirm that the newer ECX Temper includes the Barrage V2 axles. I bought my ECX Temper in November 2017 and it had the V2 axles on it. I found some RedCat Racing Everest 16 axle housings (without the nubs) for $3.57 each at a local hobby shop and bought them so I wouldn't have to modify my existing axles (kept them for backup or another build) when installing the ECX rear lockouts.

I know I could have purchased the Barrage lockouts, knuckles, and hubset but the ECX Barrage knuckles and hub set cost more than the Hot Racing knuckle and hub set for the ECX Temper and I like the blue color.
Thanks man I ended up cutting the nubs off and using some shorter screws to install them...also installed a few other upgrades including some 1.9 axiel beadlocks and some proline swampers and some hot racing shocks front and back along with a losi mini crawler drag link by hot racing. She’s coming along pretty nicely I think

Attachments

• FA570518-5536-4679-935C-00C74AF33224.jpeg
    FA570518-5536-4679-935C-00C74AF33224.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 22
  • D18CAA62-D1E3-4FC6-9ECF-83B1E10D9147.jpeg
    D18CAA62-D1E3-4FC6-9ECF-83B1E10D9147.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 23
Those must be v2 axles. I didn't have to cut any of the housing to fit my lockouts.

Attachments

• E989804B-83D8-427E-B146-21FDBC2D810A.jpeg
    E989804B-83D8-427E-B146-21FDBC2D810A.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 11
Thanks man I ended up cutting the nubs off and using some shorter screws to install them...also installed a few other upgrades including some 1.9 axiel beadlocks and some proline swampers and some hot racing shocks front and back along with a losi mini crawler drag link by hot racing. She’s coming along pretty nicely I think

Looking good! I like the Axial beadlocks on this beast. I just ordered the HR hubset and uprights for the front and will be re-building my front axle this weekend. I also have a set of inexpensive ebay 1.9 alloy 12 hole beadlocks on-hand and some RC4WD 1.9 Mud Slingers on the way.

How do you like the HR shocks? I've only seen two people on here that have those shocks (as far as I know) you and Granther. I was thinking of getting some of those shocks, but I'm not sure I will need them since I just added some 20 WT oil to the stockers and they seem to work well for some reason.

My buddy has the HR shocks on his Losi MRC. He has them as a droop setup and they perform well on rocks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back