Receivers and using same Transmitter?

WithinU

I understand you can bind one transmitter to several cars with their own receiver in it. Question I have is how does one know if a particular receiver will work with your Transmitter? Or is it better to stay with same brands?
Currently running a DX3S, and a DX2E it's the cheaper stock transmitter for the 2wd Torment.

Last edited:
I can't answer that right now, I'll have to look when I get home tonight.
Will the transmitter or receiver tell me that info, ie… DSM compatible? Or no?

The reason I am asking is, I have a 1/18 project car underway, and I don't have a receiver or transmitter for it, so I was thinking I could get away with getting a new receiver for it, and binding one of my transmitters to it. Most likely it will be the DX3S.

I can't answer that right now, I'll have to look when I get home tonight.
Will the transmitter or receiver tell me that info, ie… DSM compatible? Or no?

The reason I am asking is, I have a 1/18 project car underway, and I don't have a receiver or transmitter for it, so I was thinking I could get away with getting a new receiver for it, and binding one of my transmitters to it. Most likely it will be the DX3S.
I would look on eBay for a Spektrum DSM receiver. The dx3s is about 7 years old now and finding receivers for it can be tough. I'm sure you'll find one on either eBay or Amazon. It will bind right up to your radio no problem. I went through a similar issue a month ago with my dx3c.

7 years old now and finding receivers for it can be tough.

That is an understatement. :oops:
I did however find one on Ebay, but it's used, shipping is almost as much as the receiver. :cautious:
Would a used one be ok? There's not much that can go wrong with a receiver is there, I mean it's not like a ESC or anything.

That is an understatement. :oops:
I did however find one on Ebay, but it's used, shipping is almost as much as the receiver. :cautious:
Would a used one be ok? There's not much that can go wrong with a receiver is there, I mean it's not like a ESC or anything.
Yes there are things that can go wrong with a receiver. I just had the throttle Channel on one of my receivers go bad for my dx3c. The wheels would turn, but no throttle. I would be leery of a used one. Keep searching. Check Amazon. I would not buy a receiver where the shipping is as much as the receiver itself. They're just trying to gouge people. Shipping on a receiver should be no more than $3.

Wow, thanks a lot for the help @MaX-D, I greatly appreciate it.
I was searching specifically for Spektrum DSM SR3000.
Looking at the link for the receiver you posted, was I looking for the wrong thing.
It states it is a SR3100 DSM2?

Latest posts

Members online

Back