Ride Height

305HemiGuy

Hey Guys, newbie to the forum/new Torment owner here. I recently bought a used Torment 4x4 off ebay, the price was too good to pass up. It runs perfectly fine, but many of the components are worn and in rough shape. My plans for the this vehicle are to update it and replace a lot of the worn parts. One of the mods I plan on doing is fitting a pickup truck body to the chassis, as well as have it ride a little higher than stock height. My question is, if I wanted the vehicle to ride higher do I need new shocks, and if so what size? Or will simply running bigger wheels/tires do the trick? Thanks in advance.

Hi Guy,
You have several options, you could accomplish this by larger wheels and tires.
Or you could do longer shocks, the problem will be in finding suitable replacements.
One thing you could do is see where your shocks are currently mounted,, there should be additional holes next to your currently mounted holes, both on the shock tower and the a-arm, you could move the shocks to the other holes and get a bit more height, increase spring force (heavier spring) so it wont settle down? ect.....

What is your goal? To make it look like a monster truck?

@WithinU Thanks for the insight. Perhaps I will try moving the shocks to the other holes on the frame to slightly increase height. The Torment 4WD has very limited parts selection these days, so I'm going to try and work with what I have. Eventually I'm going to put a Proline Raptor or Ram 1500 body on it. I would like for it to look like a slightly lifted pickup truck once everything is done. I'm definitely Not going for the monster truck look with this rig. As far as wheels, could you recommend a slightly bigger tire, or tire dimensions that would not require any changing of the stock gears?

It should have come with some shock spacers that are placed above the spring below the shock cap. We're talking maybe 5mm adjustment front and rear? These were intended more for tuning the handling of the vehicle, but can be used for aesthetics too

@95PGTTech Yes, you're correct. I do have the shock spacers. I didn't know they could be used to achieve the outcome I was looking for. I will definitely play around with those. Thanks.

@95PGTTech Yes, you're correct. I do have the shock spacers. I didn't know they could be used to achieve the outcome I was looking for. I will definitely play around with those. Thanks.

if you look at the front and rear ground clearance (chassis height) and it's level and you like it, you can also just raise or lower the body front and rear by raising or lowering the body mounts

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back