Ruckus and Roost 1/18th

vwracer00

So I bought three cars about a year and half ago. My kids were to small and did not know how to drive them well. So I put them away for about a year. I took them out the other day to play with my kids. The Rucks needs a tire due to it having a crack on the side wall. I of course beat it last year when I got it. Before I put it away I noticed a decrease in speed. Took it out yesterday and it was a lot slower than my kids Roost. I think I fried the motor. What motor can you recommend not to break the bank and not spend to much money on it? Also where can I buy tires for the cars? I think the Roost tires will fit the Ruckus so I can go with what ever I can. Thanks

Cheap option is to use wheels/tires made for 1/10 touring/rally cars. These can be found cheap in different style wheels and tires in 12mm hex (what the Ruckus and Roost use). Search for them on Ebay, Amazon, Aliexpress, etc.

Motors just get another stock motor. Not many options in the 380 size (stock) and I have no personal experience with anything other than the stock motor. Some have used bigger motors but I don't believe the stock gears and esc should be used with anything bigger than maybe a 390 size brushed motor although you could get lucky if you try something bigger (but I wouldn't). You could go with a mild brushless combo but would need a new esc, motor and tx/rx set.

Members online

Back