Ruckus build

talktochad

My first RC car is on its way to being a badass machine. Here what I’ve upgraded so far:

- RPM A Arms
- RPM front caster blocks
- RPM front knuckles
- HR Aluminum hex nuts
- Eco Power WP110T Servo
- RPM Servo saved eliminator kit
- Castle Sidewinder 4 ESC/5700kv combo

On order:
- Proline Trencher tires/wheels
- ECX metal gear differential
- HR hardened steel spur gear

Looks like a great build. You will definitely have to upgrade your drive shafts. I think you will also have to use a hardened pinion gear paired with the hardened spur.

Yep the new pinion gear I put on yesterday is a hardened one. It’s running surprisingly well the plastic spur.

Yep the new pinion gear I put on yesterday is a hardened one. It’s running surprisingly well the plastic spur.
I always use plastic spurs and keep the slipper slightly loose. I usually have a couple extra spurs around. The spurs are sacrificial. The slightly loose slipper saves your drive shafts from some of the abuse.

I’ve added two more items:
- ECX Metal gear differential
- HR hardened steel 87t spur gear

The differential came just in time. Earlier in the day, I melted one of the plastic gears in the diff box. It was the gear on the other side of the shaft that holds the spur gear. I ended up having to hack saw the gear off because it had heated up and moved down the shaft so that the little pin that holds the gear in place was about in the middle of the gear. Pain in the rear to get off, but finally did.

I’m running 500k silicone differential gear lube in the box and it it wicked thick. But I was told to go with that and it would aid in both wheels spinning evenly, which wasn’t happening with the higher power motor. It was sliding all over the place. It still lacks grip, but I do notice a decent improvement.

I busted the body supports on the back on a pretty wicked jump off a skateboard ramp where the truck landed square on its top. So, I ordered the HR aluminum version.

Where did you get the ford body? do you have a link or par number?

Members online

No members online now.
Back