Ruckus not happy ☹️

saffaclint

A few days ago I replaced the motor and at the same time replaced the factory fitted bushes with some bearings and the wee truck was going great ?
UNTIL TODAY
My son and I went to a local park and he was having a great time. He asked if driving it through a puddle would be ok and remembering that it’s supposed to have waterproof electrics gave him the go ahead. The water was literally an inch and a half deep and the puddle was maybe 3 feet across and was on tarmac.
It went through a few times and made my 7 year old son grin from ear to ear. Then it started doing odd things and hasn’t come right 8 hours later. The connection between the controller and the vehicle seemed to not be right and then out of nowhere the car stopped turning left. I checked the batteries in the remote and they’re fine. I changed out the battery in the car and the problem persisted.
I tried using the trim switch but the wheels just will not turn left at all!? The last time I powered it on the car beeped once every couple seconds and kept doing that until for some reason it cranked up at full throttle without me touching the remote, and I think I might have to go change my underwear ?.
When I turn the wheels left manually it gets to the end of its stroke/travel and then makes an odd clicking electrical noise.
Anyone able to help?
Thanks.

Possibly got water into the receiver. Whenever your rcs get wet and act strange, always unplug the battery and let it dry to prevent even more damage. Is this the esc/rx combo? Unplugged it (rx only if it's seperate) pull it from the truck, and toss it in a bag of rice. This happened on my circuit last year. Could see the water inside it. Dried it out and it's been fine since. Hopefully this works for you too. There could be permenat damage though. Also keep an eye on your bearings. Good idea to blast them with wd40 and re-oil them after a water adventure.

Possibly got water into the receiver. Whenever your rcs get wet and act strange, always unplug the battery and let it dry to prevent even more damage. Is this the esc/rx combo? Unplugged it (rx only if it's seperate) pull it from the truck, and toss it in a bag of rice. This happened on my circuit last year. Could see the water inside it. Dried it out and it's been fine since. Hopefully this works for you too. There could be permenat damage though. Also keep an eye on your bearings. Good idea to blast them with wd40 and re-oil them after a water adventure.
This is good advice. I use a lot of fly sky rx’s, and they act similarly when wet. I usually blow it out with the compressor and let it air dry.

Thanks guys?. I’ve blown it out with a compressor and left it for 24 hours and it’s no better.
Probably cooked the rx then. Do you have any extra servos to test it? Could have cooked the servo also. I’m at the point I keep spare flysky receivers and $20 servos to help diagnose and reduce down time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back