Ruckus not working

Big_i80

Hi

My son has a ruckus. It worked fine for a while but now it will only go forward if I give it a push and then only for about 20 feet. The steering works fine. It has a LIPO 2s battery and stock everything else. Is it the ESC? If it is what should I replace it with so it won't go bad again? Thanks for helping

Big

Hi

My son has a ruckus. It worked fine for a while but now it will only go forward if I give it a push and then only for about 20 feet. The steering works fine. It has a LIPO 2s battery and stock everything else. Is it the ESC? If it is what should I replace it with so it won't go bad again? Thanks for helping

Big
There's a good chance it's the motor. Try to disconnect it from the esc and touch the leads directly to the battery leads and see if it works. Those brushed motors can be finicky and give up with little to no reason. Is the truck still under warranty? If so, horizon is pretty great at holding up their end of the agreement.

Edit - check the battery and make sure it's charged and holding a charge. It sounds silly, but it wouldn't be the first time... If you have a different battery, give that one a try. Start with easy stuff and troubleshoot from there.

Does it move the wheels when the truck is off the ground? Could be the slipper clutch is loose or worn.

Latest posts

Members online

Back