Shock towers

Batone76

Have a ruckus 2wd 1/10 scale one of my screws keep popping of my shock tower that holds the rear axels. I manage to replace and tighten the screw but it popped out again .should i switch over to aluminum shock towers or maybe get a longer screw . Im using a 3x12mm like it has in the manual. .

Have a ruckus 2wd 1/10 scale one of my screws keep popping of my shock tower that holds the rear axels. I manage to replace and tighten the screw but it popped out again .should i switch over to aluminum shock towers or maybe get a longer screw . Im using a 3x12mm like it has in the manual. .
Longer screws with lock nut works well.

Dont think you should use threadlocker with plastic but maybe a slighty bigger diameter screw with plastics super glue? Ive read people having success with that.
I never considered aluminium shock towers, my rpm replacements are great.

Dont think you should use threadlocker with plastic but maybe a slighty bigger diameter screw with plastics super glue? Ive read people having success with that.
Using a larger bolt or screw could bind the plastic in the shock end joint. They are typically already a tight fit in the joints hole. Just to be cautious... and don't get super glue in there!

I did use a bigger screw it seems to be holding up ... maybe will try rpm ones if it happens again or just do the aluminum ones

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back