Short run time at full power, then low power.

rich_morris

Hi,
My Ruckus works for a short time at full power, on freshly charged batteries. Then after a minute or two the power drops suddenly.
If I switch off the ESC, and then back on again, the same happens. A few seconds at full power, and then sudden drop off.
Is this likely a battery, or ESC problem?
7.2v NiMH battery. I also have 8.4v I'll try again tomorrow when it's daylight.
Thanks for any help.
Rich

Does your esc take lipo batteries also? It doesn't have some little jumper switches on it to change whether you are connecting to lipo or NiMH does it? If it's set to lipo, it might have a low voltage protection which just isn't needed for NiMH as you can run them right down.

Hi, yes, it does have lipo compatability.
There is a jumper but it's in the correct position.
I'd had the same thought, so have removed and replaced,in case of a bad connection. I thought that might have fixed the problem, but not sure. It got too dark outside to try running again with a fresh battery.
I'll try that again tomorrow
It does seem like the behaviour is like that associated with low voltage LiPo protection.

Hi, yes, it does have lipo compatability.
There is a jumper but it's in the correct position.
I'd had the same thought, so have removed and replaced,in case of a bad connection. I thought that might have fixed the problem, but not sure. It got too dark outside to try running again with a fresh battery.
I'll try that again tomorrow
It does seem like the behaviour is like that associated with low voltage LiPo protection.
Did you figure out what the problem was? I am having the same issue with a brand new ruckus 2wd.

Not entirely, but I think it was related to batteries being old and tired.
I bought a couple of new 8.4v batteries, and it's been fine since.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back