Slipper clutch

Crab

do they make a better slipper clutch? I've destroyed three sets now. I've dropped the punch down 30% on my castle also. Maybe i need to go to 40% or 50% thou.
Crab

How did you break it? I didn't know that you could break it. I tune it so that I get just a little wheel spin off the line. However I have AE 32p gears in mine so I have to tighten it all the way.

Yep further down.

Try to adjust the slipper to where the wheels just come off the ground while holding the rear wheels in place or 1/8-1/4 turn tighter. This puts a lot of strain on the motor so don't do it for long periods of time just enough to test the slipper with.

Hey
SC. I've tried that. Melted and completely destroyed the first one. Tonight on second battery it stopped pulling. Took off wheel and cover. Slipper spun loose and some what melted. Didn't seem too loose either. On take off it would move about two feet then you could hear it engage. For now I have it tightened all the way to try and make it till get another first of week.
I was making some high speed runs when happened. Freaking thing will fly thou if i ever get her dialed in. Lol

Sounds like it is too loose then. Certainly have to tighten it up and drop the initial punch to 50%. I am getting the front wheels off the ground with a 3300 and a 2s. It isn't flipping, but if I throw in more power or a bigger kv motor it will flip.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back