sloppy front and poor steering

Alldave2003

I have a 10 th torment that has been bashed hard im running the tallon 2.8 on the rear and anacondas on the front , cuz it looks cool with the custom bug body i have. The hole front end seems to have to much play and when in reverse it wiggles. And now i have a track in my back yard i need alitttle more control .im runnin brushless

what servo do you have?

The stock servo's are not great I changed mine for a Savox unit and it is so much better now, solid servo horn too.

They all wiggle in reverse more so if you have a servo saver and a poor servo.

I wouldn’t try to stiffen it too much as it needs some compliance to stop things snapping.

A video would be useful for diagnosing

You replace the front links with adjustable links or just get new fixed links.

The play and reverse issues you describe are pretty typical for the 2WD ECX cars.

If you want to improve the steering I HIGHLY recommend you get RPM's upgrade parts. They will greatly improve the steering in the truck. If you install the "servo saver eliminator" you'll want to upgrade to a metal geared servo, or at least have one on hand for when the stock servo breaks.

Additionally, the ball-and-cup connectors of the steering and camber links do develop a little play over time. As mentioned in an earlier reply you may need to replace them with new stock parts or upgrade to adjustable links--either a compatible Traxxas part or use turnbuckles with RPM's HD rod ends.

Latest posts

Members online

Back