Smashed it

talktochad

Well, I've had my Ruckus for about 2 days and I smashed it at a skate park. The only thing that broke is one of the front A-Arms, so maybe smashed is a bit exaggerated, but it's broken down until I can get it fixed. Ordered a couple sets of the RPM A-Arms which will be here in a couple days.

Speaking of replacing parts, I don't want to go crazy with this thing, but am wondering what the best thing to upgrade is? I'm sure everyone has their own opinion.

I'm leaning towards a new set of shocks. Seems like that would improve the handling's the most, and keep it going from hard landings. I had it about 18 feet in the air just before I smashed into some concrete, which was what broke the A-Arm.

In regards to shocks, does anyone have advice/opinions on the ECX Aluminum shocks (ECX1096/1095) vs the Proline Powerstroke (and for the PLs is 606300/606301 the right part numbers for those?)

I'm definitely going to upgrade the motor to brushless at some point, but not in a big rush to do that, mostly because it seems like that involved replacing a bunch of other things along with it. Seems like suspension and handling would be a better step one.

Thoughts?

Another set I was looking at is the Traxxas Big Bore. They aren’t adjustable but I’m not sure I care about that at this point anyway.

Torment upgrade.....

These are the upgrades I have used in my torment. My understanding the ruckus, circuit and torment have the same parts.
I am not complete with my full review of upgrades, it will be complete soon. There is some good discussion in here, I hope this helps.

Replace parts as they break using higher quality parts like the RPM arms. Good shocks are expensive and not something you want to land a 10’ jump on. Learn how to rebuild the shocks you have. You’ll need to do that often if you keep going to the skate park. There is no place more fun or more expensive to play than the skate park. When you find you are rebuilding shocks a lot, you can get a spare set so all you have to do is swap and get running again.

Replaced my stock Servo today with the following:
- Eco WP110T
- RPM Servor Saver Eliminator kit

What a difference! The install was fairly simple and the results are night and day. Completely changes the ride and feel of the truck. It even feels more powerful, due to the more aggressive steering ability. If anyone out there has a stock Ruckus they are looking to upgrade, this is definitely the first thing to change.

Attachments

• 68CE8AC1-249B-4824-8206-14D56A332077.jpeg
    68CE8AC1-249B-4824-8206-14D56A332077.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back