Spektrum S603 Servo

loosenut

Is the Spektrum S603 the same as the Spektrum S6030?

I've read that:
- The torment benefits from a servo upgrade
- I should get a high torque servo for steering, like a 20KG @6V Savox 1256TG

But then... I look inside my torment, and I see an S603 servo. I can't find any information for an S603 model, only an S6030 model.

And if the S603 is the same as the S6030, then I already have a 20KG @6V, titanium geared servo?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM_ServoChart.pdf

I highly doubt ECX would put a $70 servo in a stock Torment.
The S603 could be a discontinued servo, cause I don't find any info on it.
My manual, says it has a ECX13000 (Spektrum) servo, but I can't confirm that right now cause I am at work.
There is quite a bit of difference between the two.

Sorry I should have said that I purchased the torment second hand and already upgraded to brushless.

So I don't know if this servo is stock or not.

I've contacted spektrum through the website asking for specs on the S603. I'll update if I get a response.

The S603 is a plastic geared servo. I don't know the specs torque and speed wise. I would go ahead and get a metal geared servo but if you don't have the RPM servo saver eliminator and are fine with the speed also torque leave at as is.

I have a S603 in my torment, I have a Savox SW0231MG on its way with a metal servo horn to replace the servo saver.

My truck is a bit weak when trying to steer it so i'm hoping this will resolve it along with its ability to stay straight off road.

Check this video of when we used the torment to do chase cam at our local jump spot, rubbish at staying straight.

The S603 is a stock servo included with the car. Just an inexpensive, plastic-geared servo-- it is NOT the same as the 6030. :)

Savox gets a lot of love here-- they produce quality stuff. I have a 1254MG low-profile in my racing buggy (a TLR 22 3.0) and have certainly beat it up via crashes into jumps, walls, etc. No servo saver and it's still operating trouble-free almost three years later.

You can find loads of "off-brand" servos that will work well enough and for stunningly cheap prices. I explored this route once and will never do so again. The build quality is inconsistent, there is play in the gear train and they "glitch" when receiving rapid steering input. (But they're installed in a crawler so... no big deal).

That said, I've had good luck with Turnigy brand servos (from HobbyKing.com) and the mid-range stuff (about US$30-40) was quite good and fared well compared to Savox offerings.

The tl;dr? Don't cheap out on servos. Anywhere from US$30-70 will get you a good servo.

"Equivalent" is open to debate. I think the issue is that the S603 is not a part you can buy separately (at least not new). I imagine the specs are probably buried deep in the desk of a product manager's desk at the factory in China. Nobody really cares about the servo-- it's super cheap to meet the required price point of the kit and it works. :)

Changing mine out has made such a vast difference to how the truck drives, so happy.

I just upgraded my son's in his truck. We went with a cheaper one and the Hobby Town gave me a deal on a radiant one that they had laying around. 1st couple rides with it and its impressive. His car actually makes corners now. I'm a little jealous and may upgrade mine after a little more bashing.
https://www.hobbytown.com/radient-rshv201mg-10kg-metal-gear-servo-high-voltage-rdna0402/p501618

The manager was suggesting this servo but they sold the last one earlier in the week.
https://www.hobbytown.com/ecopower-...que-metal-gear-digital-servo-ecp-110t/p734713

There is so much to learn in this hobby.

Thanks everyone.

Ordered a Savox 0251MG (cheap, local) but before it arrived I fried my no name 60A esc and busted my RPM bumper.

Ordered an arrma blx100 esc (cheap, far away) and TBR bumper (far away) but it will be a week or 2 before they arrive.

No bashing for me for a couple weeks.

Savox SC-0251MG slots right in. Had to loosen the screw to the pushrod to stop the horn from bending.

BLX100 esc kinda fits. Used some spare screws that came with the Savox to mount it to a couple of posts on the plate. Not entirely convinced that arrangement will survive.

Also not super happy about the wiring flapping around. Looking for fixing points on the torment but not seeing much.

Earlier tie wire repair to the body post has held up very well.

Can't see how the TBR bumper mates up. Reckon the RPM bumper still has a few more crashes in it anyway.

The screws from the old ECX bumper/bulk were the perfect fit to hold down the ESC nice and snug.

Drilled a couple holes in the servo mount to affix the esc switch.

Wiring tidied up a bit.

Reckon I'll be bashing again this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back