Spontaneous tire twitching and won't respond to radio

MADitto

Ok, so after a good bashing I ran into a issue. The front tires are twitching and moving from one side to the other. The steering won't respond to the radio. Forward and reverse work fine.

I went through some good size puddles, but that shouldn't matter. The truck has a Spektrum 301 receiver (water proof)

So obviously I think it had to be either the receiver or servo.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance

I have had this issue with a steering servo before. This is likely your issue. Do you have another servo you could plug in quickly and test?

I did some reading online, they recommend switching my throttle and steering plugs, to diagnose a bad servo.

I did this, the steering worked fine but the throttle was twitching. The ESC was beeping so I shut it off.

When I get home I will make sure the battery is fully charged and try it again.

If it still continues it must be the receiver.

I tied to call Horizon/Spektrum but they are closed.

I'm sure it is under warranty, but I really would like the AVC.

Glad you have it figured out.

Horizon has no warranty aside from defects right out of the box. That being said, I've called on a couple RCs within a few months of purchase and they have sent replacement parts.

Still not working will a charged battery. Oh well. I did just score a Spektrum SRS4210 AVC receiver on eBay for 35$ it just sucks that the truck will be down for a few days!

Maybe my son will let me drive his Torment lol.

I put the receiver in a bowl of rice overnight and it pulled out the moisture that got into the receiver.

It actually worked, so the truck is running fine.

Luckily I don't have to wait for the new receiver to drive it.

Water proof is so misleading... water resistant is more apt... Powered my AMP through a big puddle at a track which shorted it out. Turned off the power (so not to fry anything), took it home, disassembled and blasted with compressed air (can) and then gently dried with the Mrs new hairdryer.. Started it up last night and shes all good.

Double post sorry (im at work at it doesn't want to let me edit for some reason)..
Has anyone had success with waterproofing without using plastic dip (too messy), i was gonna use a balloon to cover the receiver with a zip tie around the wires, but as the ESC needs to cool how the hell do you protect that?

In order the traxxas 3628 waterproof box. Hopefully the receiver fits, I read that it does but we will see. It's only 9$, so it no big deal if it doesn't.

but as the ESC needs to cool how the hell do you protect that?

I bought a "new rain 320A waterproof" ESC off ebay for $11.60 delivered and it has been awesome. I added a 1000uf capacitor to the power wires and it runs cool (seriously, not even warm) and it has survived plenty of puddles so far. If it ever fails, I'm going to order 3 more and just use them as expendables.

Members online

Back