Spur and pinion problems

Batone76

My tornmemt 4x4 which is brushless just got a new spur it says mod1 45t where can i get a pinon gear like 20teeth that is mod 1 and a 48pitch ?

You don't want 48p, that is different than mod1 (48p has tiny teeth). Depending on the size of your motor shaft, Robinson Racing makes many mod1 pinions that are 5mm. They also sell a reducer sleeve from 5mm to 1/8 inch.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/5mm_pinion.html#12xx
This is the kind of spur gear i have. im looking for a pinion gear that is mod 1 the pitch i was told was 48 thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-02-08-36-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-02-08-36-16.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 5
Mod 1 does not equal 48p. You want mod 1.

Copy/ pasted from another site:

Metric VS. Standard
1.0 module-referred to as metric 32 pitch is actually a standard 25.4 pitch.
0.8 module, is the same as 32 standard pitch
0.6 module-referred to as metric 48 pitch is actually a standard 42.3 pitch
0.4 module-referred to as metric 64 pitch is actually standard 63.5

t

Metric VS. Standard
0.4 module-referred to as metric 64 pitch is actually standard 63.5[/QUOTE so this wouldn't work

Attachments

• 20161031_161804.jpg
    20161031_161804.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 6

Metric VS. Standard
0.4 module-referred to as metric 64 pitch is actually standard
You don't want 48p, that is different than mod1 (48p has tiny teeth). Depending on the size of your motor shaft, Robinson Racing makes many mod1 pinions that are 5mm. They also sell a reducer sleeve from 5mm to 1/8 inch.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/5mm_pinion.html#12xx

Metric VS. Standard
0.4 module-referred to as metric 64 pitch is actually standard 63.5
Screenshot_2016-11-04-23-13-10.png

The problem I'm seeing here is they are saying a mod 1 gear is 48 pitch... there is no such thing as a MOD 1 48 pitch gear. I'm sorry... but Horizon Hobby support is wrong. MOD 1 is not just simply the name of the gear, it truly does refer to the pitch. The information @X has provided is 100% correct.

The problem I'm seeing here is they are saying a mod 1 gear is 48 pitch... there is no such thing as a MOD 1 48 pitch gear. I'm sorry... but Horizon Hobby support is wrong. MOD 1 is not just simply the name of the gear, it truly does refer to the pitch. The information @X has provided is 100% correct.
Ok thanks , yeah I've been misdirected from them before on some tire sizes but they ended up sending me a free set of tires for there mistake . so what should i do about finding the right pinion . .

Ok thanks , yeah I've been misdirected from them before on some tire sizes but they ended up sending me a free set of tires for there mistake . so what should i do about finding the right pinion . .
Probably have to the truck to the LHS to see what we cand do! thanks for the response and guidance

so what should i do about finding the right pinion . .

What motor are you running? If it is a 5mm or 1/8" shaft, as I posted above, Robinson Racing has you covered.

What's the worst that can happen. I buy a new gear and slipper? New motor? I am not afraid.

Also from my understanding the mod1 and 48p are very very close.

Looking at a picture, you won't be able to tell. It is the size tooth. If one gear has more teeth than the other, can you tell by looking at a picture. What if one is more zoomed in than the other can u tell? Can you measure that in any of your pics?

Last edited:
What's the worst that can happen. I buy a new gear and slipper? New motor? I am not afraid.

Also from my understanding the mod1 and 48p are very very close.

Looking at a picture, you won't be able to tell the difference in pitch esp if one has more teeth than the other. You need to understand what pitch means. It is the space between the individual teeth. Can you measure that in any of your pics?

If you would like to intentionally damage parts, feel free. Who am I to stop you? :D

You should probably look at @wizardwerx8 picture as well. He is showing you the 48p kit you are referring to next to a mod1 spur.

If you would like to intentionally damage parts, feel free. Who am I to stop you? :D

You should probably look at @wizardwerx8 picture as well. He is showing you the 48p kit you are referring to next to a mod1 spur.
this is probably the best pic I have found...you are correct...my previous research is wrong

http://s928.photobucket.com/user/Eric_D_0424/media/RC Cars and Trucks/MOD1-32-48gears03_zps45b2aa69.jpg.html

Might want to swap out to a 48p then...seems to be a bit easier to find.
MOD1-32-48gears03_zps45b2aa69.jpg.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back