Spur gear shreading

Briguy

My kids ruckus 2wd is eating Spur gears faster than I can order them. I checked tension on motor with paper but it is still tearing them up. What would be causing this?

Is the slipper spring tight? Go tight and then back out 1 to 1 1/2 turns.

Does it spin easy? Try rolling rear drivetrain without the pinion. Maybe you have bearings out. Last time you cleaned inside the diff.

How old is the ruckus?

Last edited:
Is the slipper spring tight? Go tight and then back out 1 to 1 1/2 turns.

Does it spin easy? Try rolling rear drivetrain without the pinion. Maybe you have bearings out. Last time you cleaned inside the diff.

How old is the ruckus?
Ruckus is last Christmas gift. Son uses it pretty hard. Roll smoothly without the pinion? You mean the gear on the motor shaft?? Haven't tried that and as far as cleaned the diff out. I haven't gotten any further than changing the Spur and motor so I haven't gotten into the diff deep enough to clean it. If there are bearings out, which ones?

Yes, remove gear on motor shaft, that is your pinion gear.

You have a few bearings in rear.

If your boy drives in water, dirt, and do not blow it off ever, it makes it's way into the bearings. They gum up, rust, and become hard to spin and lock up.
If you can't roll freely, it is putting stress on the parts that make it move, gears, motor.

Each wheel has 2 bearings on hubs, your rear diff cases have 2 outters. Depending on how much water he drives through will determine if it made it inside to do some damage on the tranny gears/bearings.

So, back to your spur gear, it's doing it's job if you have bearings out.

Yes, remove gear on motor shaft, that is your pinion gear.

You have a few bearings in rear.

If your boy drives in water, dirt, and do not blow it off ever, it makes it's way into the bearings. They gum up, rust, and become hard to spin and lock up.
If you can't roll freely, it is putting stress on the parts that make it move, gears, motor.

Each wheel has 2 bearings on hubs, your rear diff cases have 2 outters. Depending on how much water he drives through will determine if it made it inside to do some damage on the tranny gears/bearings.

So, back to your spur gear, it's doing it's job if you have bearings out.
I'm not sure how much water but sure if it's there he's running through it. I will check it out this weekend and get back to you. Thanks for the direction to look.

Any pics would help?The plastic spur gear need to check clearances in 2 different part on spur gear they are not round and you will see there is tighter gear mesh and looser spots so you will need to set with paper at loose area .Make sure the star washer are used on engine screws they stop motor from moveing on plastic trans.Others items listed above need to be checked that will cause problems .Bearings are cheep probley need to replace small ones in trans on spur shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

Back