Steering block a weak point?

RoyRoy

The EBay Circuit (the kids named him “Copper”) Is getting some better runs in (now on 2s!). The last two runs, the left, and now the right steering block screws stripped out. Is that a weak point on ECX’s? It’s an older unit, so I’m thinking worn/brittle plastic? Just wondering… I suppose I should expect such breakage, but it like to run out 1 battery before it breaks! 🤣

The EBay Circuit (the kids named him “Copper”) Is getting some better runs in (now on 2s!). The last two runs, the left, and now the right steering block screws stripped out. Is that a weak point on ECX’s? It’s an older unit, so I’m thinking worn/brittle plastic? Just wondering… I suppose I should expect such breakage, but it like to run out 1 battery before it breaks! 🤣
Yes, you will loose a lot of those screws. Best solution I have found is to get he aluminum Hot Racing steering blocks, make sure you use blue thread lock on the screws though.

Me and my family bought 3 amp desert buggies we had the same situation going right out of the box. So I deleted the shoulder screw style steering block for a pen style steering block using rear carriers and traxxas turnbuckels for sterring links ..
Never broke again with serious bash .and cost about 35 bucks at local hobby store and hardware store .. I'm making a youtube video now on it

Me and my family bought 3 amp desert buggies we had the same situation going right out of the box. So I deleted the shoulder screw style steering block for a pen style steering block using rear carriers and traxxas turnbuckels for sterring links ..
Never broke again with serious bash .and cost about 35 bucks at local hobby store and hardware store .. I'm making a youtube video now on it
The Hot Racing steering blocks are like $20 and a direct fit. Why spend more and create more work?

You can easily do a pin style switch up front with rear carriers flipped sideways using traxxas sterring turnbuckes for adjustment. Ive done it on our amp buggies and np more breakage with serious bashing .. making video now hit me up and I'll send you a link

We had several strip out with heavy bashing in a little over 3 weeks using rpm spindals twice and aluminum spindals once, with 3 of the same cars that got old quick. This mod worked for us and has been more durable with steel parts from day one. It may not work for everyone but it has kept us bashing daily.

We had several strip out with heavy bashing in a little over 3 weeks using rpm spindals twice and aluminum spindals once, with 3 of the same cars that got old quick. This mod worked for us and has been more durable with steel parts from day one. It may not work for everyone but it has kept us bashing daily.
From what I see the Rpm ones are just as bad as the stock ones.

Too bad team Associated discontinued the T4, the caster blocks and c hubs from that were a great option, combine that with some of the T4 titanium turnbuckles with rpm 4-40 rod ends and some extra Ecx pivot balls and you could get a pretty good setup going. The HPI Blitz/Firestorm ones bolted right on as well but that too has been discontinued.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back