Steering is less responsive

cohech

Hi - I have a couple of ECX AMPs (one for each of my boys not for me - honest!). One has developed an issue where it doesn't turn as far or as fast as the other. Moving the wheels manually from side to side it's obvious the linkage isn't moving as much as the other and there's more resistance (see video link below). I'm assuming the servo is on it's way out but thought I'd check here if anyone had any advice?

Looks like the servo saver is getting weak. Could get the rpm servo eliminator for it, it'll be better then the stock was, but it'll also put more stress on the servo, so a new metal gear servo is recommended as well.

Time for a new metal servo. U'll find the stock servo and or the 2n1 esc don't tend to last long on these. I hav 2x Amp Mt and an Amp Db all of which had servo n esc die. Upgraded esc, tx n rx and went brushless n lipo, sooo much fun now.

Looks like the servo saver is getting weak. Could get the rpm servo eliminator for it, it'll be better then the stock was, but it'll also put more stress on the servo, so a new metal gear servo is recommended as well.

I'm putting a Futaba s3004 servo in my MT as soon as it comes. You think that would be a good upgrade from the stock one? I have Savox's on my other cars so I know it won't compare to those but I just wanted a tougher and more reliable servo than the stock one.

I'm putting a Futaba s3004 servo in my MT as soon as it comes. You think that would be a good upgrade from the stock one? I have Savox's on my other cars so I know it won't compare to those but I just wanted a tougher and more reliable servo than the stock one.

The specs on that servo seem like it will be weaker than the stock servo, plus it is still a plastic geared servo. Get metal gear one you find some for under $20. Just have to be careful that they aren't too tall as they would need to be modified to fit. These two fit Power HD 1501MG, PDI-6221MG, so servos with similar dimensions should fit also.

The specs on that servo seem like it will be weaker than the stock servo, plus it is still a plastic geared servo. Get metal gear one you find some for under $20. Just have to be careful that they aren't too tall as they would need to be modified to fit. These two fit Power HD 1501MG, PDI-6221MG, so servos with similar dimensions should fit also.

I may actually take a savox 1258 out of my stadium thunder and put in the amp mt instead.

think the savox 1258 would be good or overkill?

think the savox 1258 would be good or overkill?

It's up to you, nothing is really overkill if you want to use it. If you like the Amp more than the stadium thunder then put it in the Amp. I have the JX servo in my Circuit while not being fast it's fine for my use with it. I find if a servo is too fast I have to dial it down some with the transmitter but it's better to do that than have a servo that's too slow and can't speed it up.

It's up to you, nothing is really overkill if you want to use it. If you like the Amp more than the stadium thunder then put it in the Amp. I have the JX servo in my Circuit while not being fast it's fine for my use with it. I find if a servo is too fast I have to dial it down some with the transmitter but it's better to do that than have a servo that's too slow and can't speed it up.

true, not going to be running the stadium thunder much anymore because I broke a part today and its tough to get the parts so the savox will just be sitting pretty much.

true, not going to be running the stadium thunder much anymore because I broke a part today and its tough to get the parts so the savox will just be sitting pretty much.

I will say this though the stock saver is pretty weak so I'm not sure you will see the full potential of the servo. The stock saver holds the servo back because it's weak. I run an RPM servo saver eliminator in my Ruckus and glued the stock saver in my Circuit. So I prefer a strong metal gear servo rather over being just a fast one.

I will say this though the stock saver is pretty weak so I'm not sure you will see the full potential of the servo. The stock saver holds the servo back because it's weak. I run an RPM servo saver eliminator in my Ruckus and glued the stock saver in my Circuit. So I prefer a strong metal gear servo rather over being just a fast one.

I see the RPM part is less $10, sounds like good deal!

I see the RPM part is less $10, sounds like good deal!

It's worth it, it tightens up the steering. But you have no more servo saver now so the force of impacts will be taken by everything else in the steering, not just the servo. That's why I say get a strong metal gear servo if you get the servo saver eliminator. With a strong servo, the next thing that can happen will be that the toe links can pop off basically becoming your servo and steering saver. I use some extra ball head toe links from my Duratrax Evader, they don't flex as much as the stock links and won't pop off as easy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back