Steering Knuckles

Mongol Pete

Hi folks,

Had or Amp out bashing on the ice and snow today. It really is a great little rig. We had it out with our 2WD Slash, and I think the Amp is more fun.

I would like to find a steering knuckle upgrade, not because they broke, but because the screws back out and we lost one. I may have another, but I'd like to see what upgrades are available?

Anyone here upgrade the front bearing carriers/steering knuckles?

Thanks,
MP

97F52FA0-FC54-421F-91D6-BC68A6C2D7F4.jpeg Hot Racing and ECX Aluminium work great. We have both and never looked back. I also put the aluminum hub carrier on mine, but it’s not necessary.

THanks Jeb,

Those are pretty pricy from Horizon, bit I'll order a set if I lose any more screws. The stock plastic parts held hp fine to ice bashing, but the screw that goes through the caster block fell out and is gone. I'll try a different screw and see how long that lasts, for now.

-MP

THanks Jeb,

Those are pretty pricy from Horizon, bit I'll order a set if I lose any more screws. The stock plastic parts held hp fine to ice bashing, but the screw that goes through the caster block fell out and is gone. I'll try a different screw and see how long that lasts, for now.

-MP
Put a dab of CL or super glue on the threads of the shoulder screw and be sure to move the steering back and forth as it sets up. It’s a temporary fix, but will help. We lost so many screws before we upgraded that we could have bought the upgrade with what we spent on screw sets. It’s a weak spot in the design.

Thanks for the heads up Jeb. I've got a temporary screw in there with a dab of super glue, and I've ordered a set of shoulder screws (8). I'll use glue on that and if I lose a few more, I'll just bite the bullet and get the aluminum upgrades.

I went through the SAME THING. Finally got the Hot Racing spindle carriers (for both ECX cars) and they were worth EVERY PENNY! A dab of blue thread lock and haven't lost a shoulder screw in the past year.

Thanks for the reply i r beej,

I'll check out the HR spindles. At the same time, I'll need to order some parts to upgrade the plastic links. They pop off of the ball ends pretty easily, huh.

I had our Amp out with our 2WD Slash bashing on ice and snow, and the Amp was more fun because of how light it is. I'll leave it brushed for a while, maybe, but I imagine it will be a great brushless basher at some point.

Thanks for the reply i r beej,

I'll check out the HR spindles. At the same time, I'll need to order some parts to upgrade the plastic links. They pop off of the ball ends pretty easily, huh.

I had our Amp out with our 2WD Slash bashing on ice and snow, and the Amp was more fun because of how light it is. I'll leave it brushed for a while, maybe, but I imagine it will be a great brushless basher at some point.
I switched to traxxas camber links, but kept the plastic steering arms with ball studs as a safety measure and a place to absorb crashes. We’re still using the originals even though I have an extra set just in case. I actually broke a front axle and the ball stud didn’t pop off in a race last weekend. When I do upgrade the steering links, I still want to use ballstuds. The traxxas links will not pop off in event of a crash.

I'll second @Jeb 's advice. I've discovered that the long plastic swingarms on the AMP/Circuit are so flexible that they cause the camber links to pop off much more easily in a front impact. I switched to Traxxas captured ball pivot rod ends for front camber links and that solved the problem. I kept the steering links as ball-and-socket style because I wanted something to give in extreme impacts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back