Stering rods

Batone76

Can you install metal steering rods and get rid of the stock plastic ones? i think they're called turnbuckles looking to beef up the tornmemt 4x4 .

They are for anything 2wd or 4x4, you will just need to measure the factory parts and compare them to the Traxxas ones at your local hobby shop.

So is the longer set for the front and the short for the back
What else do i need to install these parts on my torment 4x4 do i need to change the caster blocks as well? or can i use the other stock parts

Last edited:
What else do i need to install these parts on my torment 4x4 do i need to change the caster blocks as well? or can i use the other stock parts
No extra parts needed, although I would recommend longer screws to install them. the stock screws are a little on the short side and the screw heads are large which could cause binding of other parts if they protrude too far off the mounting location. My screw recommendation is something around 25% longer with a low profile pan head.

O
No extra parts needed, although I would recommend longer screws to install them. the stock screws are a little on the short side and the screw heads are large which could cause binding of other parts if they protrude too far off the mounting location. My screw recommendation is something around 25% longer with a low profile pan head.
Ok but those are the correct part numbers for the upgrade ?

Unfortunately I don't know 100% without looking at the exact parts, the ones I showed you were the ones I purchased for my 2wd Torment. I would recommend getting out to a local shop and verifying with your factory parts in hand that way you could do a side by side comparison. The Traxxas parts are just a universal type part that works across a lot of different rc platforms and without knowing exact measurements of your parts I can't give you a guarantee if they will work.

Unfortunately I don't know 100% without looking at the exact parts, the ones I showed you were the ones I purchased for my 2wd Torment. I would recommend getting out to a local shop and verifying with your factory parts in hand that way you could do a side by side comparison. The Traxxas parts are just a universal type part that works across a lot of different rc platforms and without knowing exact measurements of your parts I can't give you a guarantee if they will work.
ok no problem i will do some research since im working on a 4wd not a 2wd but thansk for the help

Latest posts

Members online

Back