Stuff I have done and future stuff

Dachsjunge

It's been kind of slow in here lately so I thought I would post a list of upgrades I have completed on my ECX Temper so far. Looking at it it looks like a large list but it didn't take long and most of it was relatively inexpensive since it was done over 3 - 4 months time. I still want to add some aluminum lockers and switch the body and/or chassis for a bodiless chassis but at that point the only thing ECX Temper would be the axles and transmission. :)

I have some 14mm wheel wideners I just received but I'm kind of hesitant to drill out my aluminum wheels just yet. Drilling out the Losi MRC outdrives was tougher than anything else I have done so far because of the size of the parts and the metal hardness.

I also have an inexpensive "GoolRC" 4000kv 1/14 - 1/16 combo on the the slow boat from... you guessed it China! :) Probably not the greatest for crawling be sensor-less and all but good enough for my mucking about.

Here's the list of stuff (crap) I have done so far.......

- Installed rubber sealed bearings on the axles (minus the lockers hard to find size).

- Added oil to all four shocks (may rebuild or completely replace in the future.

- Added some Traxxas top shock spacers left over from my Stampede many years ago. They are a little big but squeezing them down they fit okay.

- Installed Hot Racing aluminum C hubs and knuckles in front.

- Installed Hot Racing aluminum lockouts in back.

- Drilled the knuckles where the steering rods connects and tapped for M3 hardware. I am considering doing the same thing where the knuckles connect to the chubs but may be more trouble than it's worth.

- Replaced the stock outdrives with the Losi MRC outdrives and drilled the holes to use normal size hex pins.

- Replaced the bottom steering rod with a Vanquish 4mm diameter Ti link and Traxxas TRX4 angled rod ends.

- Replaced the servo horn with an Axial aluminum.

- Servo was warranty replaced by Horizon with a Spektrum S605 since the original became very weak within a few runs.

- Replaced the wheels with Ebay 1.9 12 hole aluminum bead locks.

- Replaced the tires with 1.9 RC4WD Mud Slingers. The original smaller size (95mm I believe) I want to keep this a "mini" vehicle for now.

- Changed all the axle hardware to M2 stainless steel button head hex screws but I am in the process of changing all of the hardware to M2 black 10.9 steel socket cap hex head screws since the former strip out too easy at this size.

Yeah, photos or it never happened! ;)

Also, if you want to turn this up to 11, convert the Temper to 4WS! It's like a whole new car!

Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten about this. I'm just getting over a two week cold/flu virus. My Goolrc motor/esc arrived but I didn't have a pinion on hand to fit the 2.3mm motor shaft and it was almost impossible to find one locally so I had to order one which should be here in the next few days. The car is currently partially disassembled waiting on the pinion so no pictures yet..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back