suspension upgrade on Torment?

danny01

I wanted to know what I could do to raise my Torment a little or make the original shocks not as spongey.

I put spacers on my shocks to raise/lower the car. More spacers make the shocks stiffer. You could also experiment with different shock oils (30 weight, 40 weight, etc.) The higher the number, the thicker the weight.

After getting the correct aftermarket units for the 4WD Torment, they'll give you a bit of additional ride height, if you want but they also feel far smoother than the stock units. I have an set of the aftermarket units for the 2WD Torment that I purchased by mistake, I was going to post them up in the classifieds.

After getting the correct aftermarket units for the 4WD Torment, they'll give you a bit of additional ride height, if you want but they also feel far smoother than the stock units. I have an set of the aftermarket units for the 2WD Torment that I purchased by mistake, I was going to post them up in the classifieds.
How much u want for them cause I am looking for better shocks for my 2wd torment front and back shocks

Just a tech note: Adding preload spacers to the shock body affects ride height, but does NOT affect the actual "stiffness" of the springs. Additionally you can change the viscosity of the oil, but I wouldn't recommend more than 37.5wt as that will create a shock that can absorb big hits but will be slow to respond to small bumps and to rebound.

Regarding ride height-- you do want a little sag in the suspension. Having the car drive around on topped-out (fully extended) shocks will result in a much bumpier ride and loss of some control. The sag allows the wheel to travel down into depressions while the body remains relatively still. Without that sag (topped out) the entire car will drop into depressions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back