Temper gen 2 ESC troubles

RMCannonman

Bought the temper gen 2 at Christmas and worked fair but 2 minutes in the ESC caused the steering to turn full right and stay straining until it stripped the Servo out. Finally got around to replacing servo but now I find the unit is giving no servo output, and no output to the extra channels where the lights plug in. Any advice?
Does spectrum sell a receiver that is compatible with the original radio?
I have an extra ESC to use but can’t afford a complete radio replacement

Bought the temper gen 2 at Christmas and worked fair but 2 minutes in the ESC caused the steering to turn full right and stay straining until it stripped the Servo out. Finally got around to replacing servo but now I find the unit is giving no servo output, and no output to the extra channels where the lights plug in. Any advice?
Does spectrum sell a receiver that is compatible with the original radio?
I have an extra ESC to use but can’t afford a complete radio replacement
Call horizon hobbies, they have great customer service. They'll ask for a copy of the receipt and then warrenty out the parts and send them out to you. I had a problem with a truck last year, sent it in to them after trying a new esc and radio, and they sent me a new truck 2 days later.

That being said, the replacement suffered the exact same problem as yours (barrage 1/24) - steering jacked hard right and wouldn't drive. In fact, if I didn't touch the steering and just pulled the throttle, the steering would go even more crazy. It ended up being the motor... How this works I have no idea but a new motor resolved my issues. For kicks, try and unplug the motor and see if your steering comes back.

Call horizon hobbies, they have great customer service. They'll ask for a copy of the receipt and then warrenty out the parts and send them out to you. I had a problem with a truck last year, sent it in to them after trying a new esc and radio, and they sent me a new truck 2 days later.

That being said, the replacement suffered the exact same problem as yours (barrage 1/24) - steering jacked hard right and wouldn't drive. In fact, if I didn't touch the steering and just pulled the throttle, the steering would go even more crazy. It ended up being the motor... How this works I have no idea but a new motor resolved my issues. For kicks, try and unplug the motor and see if your steering comes back.
Thanks for the info. I tried the motor just by chance but no success.
Maybe I’ll try the warranty route since it’s only had 2 minutes or less ofruntime on the house carpet.

Got the temper gen two and it will not respond to the transmitter
I seen your PM. Are we dealing with stock electronics?
Can you tell us what kind of radio and electronics in the car are?
What have you tried?

Latest posts

Members online

Back