The land of the LiPos

RoyRoy

So a couple things happened this week: Monday, I took the Circuit and the MT for a real bashing session in a dirt lot, not just around the back yard. Man, even box stock brushed Nihms are a lot of fun! The MT took a pretty big beating without any breakage. I’m totally sold in ECX durability!
The Circuit broke…again. That thing saw a lot of hard hours before being put up on eBay! (The posting said “lots of upgrades.” I’m still trying to figure out what those are). So far, all I’ve seen are missing screws and stripped threads.
But then…yesterday the 2s LiPo came! I was hesitant to cross over, but man, those things are fun, even on a brushed motor! I had a blast with the Circuit today…until it broke.
I’m a little worried about storage charging, as my charger doesn’t have that function. But I checked it with a voltage checker and got it where it needs to be. Unfortunately I need to order a steering block, so my LiPo will go unused for awhile. That’s all for now!

So a couple things happened this week: Monday, I took the Circuit and the MT for a real bashing session in a dirt lot, not just around the back yard. Man, even box stock brushed Nihms are a lot of fun! The MT took a pretty big beating without any breakage. I’m totally sold in ECX durability!
The Circuit broke…again. That thing saw a lot of hard hours before being put up on eBay! (The posting said “lots of upgrades.” I’m still trying to figure out what those are). So far, all I’ve seen are missing screws and stripped threads.
But then…yesterday the 2s LiPo came! I was hesitant to cross over, but man, those things are fun, even on a brushed motor! I had a blast with the Circuit today…until it broke.
I’m a little worried about storage charging, as my charger doesn’t have that function. But I checked it with a voltage checker and got it where it needs to be. Unfortunately I need to order a steering block, so my LiPo will go unused for awhile. That’s all for now!
Invest in a good charger it can save you money in the long run.

Just as an addition: it can be worthwhile looking for an ammo box to store the lipo.
I have several lipo batteries which are safely kept in it.
They don't cost much, and are perfect for keeping them safe and out of reach of smaller children ;)

-Dave

I agree with both slick and dave.
There are medium budget chargers that are actually pretty good. Unless you have the extra money there's no reason to break the bank, unless you are actually racing, then you might consider it.
I have 2 ammo cans and a LiPo bag, I dont have that many LiPo's I just have them and use them as dave suggested. I bought both my ammo cans from a garage sale, a high school acquaintance had.
I gave $10 a piece for them.

Honestly I use a haisito Amazon charger it’s nothing special but has all the features you need for all kind of batteries lipo nimh life liion and it was about 27uk so maybe 35us not good with the translation of money. I tested the charger and my lipo checker ,quite a good and trust worthy checker, always reads what the charger say. so if it says it’s at 3.75 a cell, my checker says the same always balances perfectly mind you I only ever use the balance charge option or storage. Never fast charged a lipo You don’t need to spend money for something to be good. It may look basic and not flashy but it does it’s job and near on a year of using it never failed in any department.

Thanks, everybody for your input! When I bought my MT last year, and the hobby shop owner said “I wish I had a better one for you” when he sold me the Spectrum S150…I guess I know what he meant!😂. I was hopeful when the eBay listing for the Circuit said “comes with charger.” …but it’s just a HiTec Nano.
I did buy a “shaped” charging bag. Its soft bur stands on its own like a box. Can I store my LiPo in there, or should I get an ammo can to be safe?

Thanks, everybody for your input! When I bought my MT last year, and the hobby shop owner said “I wish I had a better one for you” when he sold me the Spectrum S150…I guess I know what he meant!😂. I was hopeful when the eBay listing for the Circuit said “comes with charger.” …but it’s just a HiTec Nano.
I did buy a “shaped” charging bag. Its soft bur stands on its own like a box. Can I store my LiPo in there, or should I get an ammo can to be safe?
Defiantly get a ammo can I completely forgot on my last post on here 🙄😂

Latest posts

Members online

Back