Thermal shutdown (Castle Sidewinder 3)

MADitto

So after a good run session with my son.
I brought the tuck back in to go out for dinner. I noticed that motor and ESC were very hot. I forgot my temp meter so I have no idea of what it was. But I could say it was past the two second finger method. When I got back I finished replacing the suspension plate and pit it back together.

When I turned everything on the ESC kept beeping. I have not throttle or steering, the receiver light isn't on.

I initially thought it was a binding issue, but it wouldn't re-bind. I switched back to the stock reciever, still no joy.

So I looked up the beep/blink codes for Castle Creations and I think it went into Thermal Shutdown.

I tried this morning but still no joy

What the heck do I do now? Everything is cool to the touch. Will it reset itself? Or did I just fry my system?

I would take it back to whoever you bought it from I also bought a castle sw3 w/5700kv motor nothing but problems first with not even 5 runs the shaft broke on the motor called castle they wanted to sell me a motor for 60 dollars I'm using the sw3 with a gool rc 5200 kv no problem with motor but the esc still gets hot I'm going to buy a gool rc esc next, even after gearing up and down it still got hot these motors are not expensive and they work good in my temper I'm running a 4800kv with stock gears no problems esc and motor cost me $25 my motor for my 1/10 cost me $15 big sufferance in price from castle and they are all made in China anyways.

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't a thermal shutdown after all, I guess the receiver went bad.. I took the truck to my LHS and they figured it out.

That sucks because it was my new AVC 4210! Time to talk to Spektrum!

Members online

No members online now.
Back