Throttle Dual Rate. What does it do??

FrannaM

I know what the throttle trim function does, but what does the throttle dual rate do. I understand the steering dual rate for closer or wider turning circle. Has it something to do with acceleration speed or top speed? My Spectrum STX2 also has a 50%, 75%, 100% power setting which limits the total performance of the car, but please explain throttle rate and what it does. Thanks.

Dual rate on the throttle does the same thing as it does for steering-- limits the proportional sensitivity. For example, if you turn the DL knob to the halfway mark, your new maximum speed will only be 50%. In a practical sense, on the throttle, it limits the speed/power of the car. Turn it down to about 30% and it'll be good for a beginner. Turn it all the way up to 100% and you'll have access to all the power the system (battery, motor) can provide.

Thanks for the explanation. I played with the settings a bit. When turned down the truck accelerates slower, but top speed still more or less the same, turned all the way up, acceleration much quicker and gets to top speed much faster. If the throttle dual rate limits performance then why is there also a switch that limits performance by 50%, 75% and 100%?

Interesting. The Throttle DL on my my radios turns down the max speed. Seems like the STX radio is set up a little differently-- I figured the power setting switch was a redundant feature.

So turning down the DL and power setting will give you a car that is a little slower to respond-- good for new users with slower reflexes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back