Tire test in snow

steven81

OK so today I got bored and done a little tire test and here are my wierd results stock temper tires went better than my cut everst 16 tires and better than my tsl's didn't see that coming

OK so today I got bored and done a little tire test and here are my wierd results stock temper tires went better than my cut everst 16 tires and better than my tsl's didn't see that coming
I made chains for mine. Need to scale them up a touch for my 1.9s but worked awesome on the stock tires

I've always been taught no question is a dumb question with that said can someone clear me up on how tires are measured. I've seen lots of numbers flying around and I'm not sure what is what. I've gotten my son the temper and want to get some new tires mayber rims. Thanks in advance for all input.

1.9 and 2.9 refer to the rim size (1.9" diameter) tires are usually measured in MM. from what I found the only way to upsize tires is to also get rims. the stock temper rims are 1.7", and i didn't see much selection of tires for that rim size. Safest bet is to order a set of rims and tires like I did.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YRRFYCQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
but if you find a set of rims you like (say some 1.9s), as long as you get tires for that size rim you'll be ok.

1.9 and 2.9 refer to the rim size (1.9" diameter) tires are usually measured in MM. from what I found the only way to upsize tires is to also get rims. the stock temper rims are 1.7", and i didn't see much selection of tires for that rim size. Safest bet is to order a set of rims and tires like I did.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YRRFYCQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
but if you find a set of rims you like (say some 1.9s), as long as you get tires for that size rim you'll be ok.
Ah thanks that helped a lot. Dmill ! So what's the mm measurement telling on the tire then ? I looked at them exact rim and tires a hour ago but wasn't sure on them now I am. So is the bead lock set more desirable or is that preference ? I believe I understand the idea behind them. Ability to change our tire easier right. ?

mm measurement is the outer diameter of the tire. so I have 108mm tires, on 1.9" beadlocks. beadlocks don't make tires easier to install (Putting my new tires on the new rims required a little help from some motor oil), they allow you to run without worry of tire slip on the rim (without gluing). Real life crawlers use them so they can run minimal air pressure and still keep the tire on the rim. similar concept on why they are used for RCs. If you don't care about changing tires in the future you could find something and glue it to a rim.

mm measurement is the outer diameter of the tire. so I have 108mm tires, on 1.9" beadlocks. beadlocks don't make tires easier to install (Putting my new tires on the new rims required a little help from some motor oil), they allow you to run without worry of tire slip on the rim (without gluing). Real life crawlers use them so they can run minimal air pressure and still keep the tire on the rim. similar concept on why they are used for RCs. If you don't care about changing tires in the future you could find something and glue it to a rim.
Ah yes that makes since and I'd not thought about that but have had tires come off them rim on one or two of my other RCs. I like the look of bead locks I'll stick with them. Thanks again for a spot on answer. I've not done any upgrades on any of my other RCs bit did build my yeti from the kit.

if you can build a kit car the temper is insanely easy to modify. 4 wheel steering is a breeze to set up once you have all the parts. "Hardest" modification I did was changing the lower link geometry. lost a small amount of articulation, but helped with the torque twist of the body, and made it crawl a little better.

if you can build a kit car the temper is insanely easy to modify. 4 wheel steering is a breeze to set up once you have all the parts. "Hardest" modification I did was changing the lower link geometry. lost a small amount of articulation, but helped with the torque twist of the body, and made it crawl a little better.
I'll save all that when I get my own crawler or as my son gets older lol he's only 3 right now. All the mods look good on the temper though that's for. I've mad a list of all the stuff I liked. I'm looking to get the axial Jeep Wrangler unlimited CRC. But thought I'd help his along a little. Might get that tazar 280 motor I've seen guys mention. Not sure if that means new ESC to though.

Tazer does not mean new ESC (at least not immediately), I ran a couple battery packs through it before upgrading my ESC, and that was for the 4 wheel stearing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back