Titan 12t

Briguy

I replaced my stock 15t on my 2wd ruckus with a titan 12t. It worked great for a while. I have had more trouble with the tranny gears stripping. I fixed that with metal ones moe the motor just went up in smoke. Im starting to lose my patience. I think this should run fairly well it is mostly stock. What could i have done now. Slipper fine, trannt fine, no other problems i can see.
Help
Tia

The titan 12T is hit or miss from what I see.

If you fixed the transmission issues, it's just bad luck that your motor gave out. Get another one for $10?

I've used the Dynamite 15t 550 motor in my AMP MT and it was a good motor at a good price (I've since switched to brushless). I've not ever read consistently good reviews of the Traxxas Titan 12T motor.

When you re-assemble the transmission you should be able to easily rotate the top shaft (spur attaches to this) or the out-drives (drive shafts attach to this) by hand with minimal effort. Since this is an inexpensive car, you may feel a tiny bit of binding or unevenness but nothing so bad that you have to firmly twist the top shaft or out-drives.

Check your slipper adjustment: Tighten the nut all the way (NOT "til it smokes") and then back off two full turns. This should be a good starting point and with a 15t or 12t motor you'll hear a high-pitched "BBZZzzzzz" when you apply instant full throttle (with the car on the ground.) That's the sound of the slipper doing its work. It should only slip for 1-2 seconds when you punch the throttle on a high-traction surface like asphalt (or carpet).

I've been racing my Circuit with the stock plastic gears, a plastic pinion and a 13.5t (approx 2800kv) with a final gearing of 81 spur/28 pinion. No breakages yet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back