TOO MUCH POWER!!!

Crunk

i have been slowly upgrading my amp crush since i bought it this summer. My ESC went out Fiday night and i decided to go ahead with the spektrum brushless motor combo from Hobby Town. i am afraid it is way to much power for the gearbox. i already had the metal differential upgrade, but yesterday afternoon as i was driving through the yard, that motor totally ate my spur gear. i do not see a specific metal spur gear for the amp and i was wondering what you guys did if anything?

i have been slowly upgrading my amp crush since i bought it this summer. My ESC went out Fiday night and i decided to go ahead with the spektrum brushless motor combo from Hobby Town. i am afraid it is way to much power for the gearbox. i already had the metal differential upgrade, but yesterday afternoon as i was driving through the yard, that motor totally ate my spur gear. i do not see a specific metal spur gear for the amp and i was wondering what you guys did if anything?

Hot Racing do metal spurs and pinions of various sizes. Have to import from HK or US if you are in the UK like me.

You will continue to break things until you set your slipper correctly. It is too tight. My Amp MT is running 3,300 kv brushless and I’ve run it on 3S. But Inset my slipper to actually slip. If yours is too tight or seized and you go with a metal spur gear you will start breaking drive shafts, wheel hexes and other parts instead. The plastic spur is cheap, available and works great. Just set your slipper clutch so it will slip when needed. I still do wheelies with mine but I haven’t lost a spur gear even on 3S and a big pinion. (Total insanity by the way, 2S is plenty!)

Crunk, Hot racing has hardened spur gears and pinion gears. They are available, you just have to search the web for them. Robinson Racing and Kimbrough Racing are two other places you can order harden steel spurs and pinions. If you go to a harden spur you will also have to go to a harden pinion. You don't want to mix a harden spur with a mild steel pinion and vise versa.
I have two Amp Crushs, one blue and the orange one. Both have been upgraded from suspension, to night running, to brushless. I have recently started using the Hobbywing Easy Run 4000kv brushess motors and have absolutely no problems. Both trucks run on Gen Ace 3S 7000 mAh (7 amps) batteries. I also have the first generation ECX Amp which is also upgraded as above. These trucks are awesome when they are upgraded. Out of the 36 rc's that i have they are my favorite. Here are some pictures of my blue Crush and my Amp. Happy Rc'ing to you and use your imagination and ideas.

20200714_221014.jpg20200714_215648.jpg20200714_215638.jpg20200714_212408.jpg20200713_223951.jpg20200713_211128.jpg20200713_211112.jpg20200714_221237.jpg20200415_161507.jpg20191231_154302.jpg

Crunk, Hot racing has hardened spur gears and pinion gears. They are available, you just have to search the web for them. Robinson Racing and Kimbrough Racing are two other places you can order harden steel spurs and pinions. If you go to a harden spur you will also have to go to a harden pinion. You don't want to mix a harden spur with a mild steel pinion and vise versa.
I have two Amp Crushs, one blue and the orange one. Both have been upgraded from suspension, to night running, to brushless. I have recently started using the Hobbywing Easy Run 4000kv brushess motors and have absolutely no problems. Both trucks run on Gen Ace 3S 7000 mAh (7 amps) batteries. I also have the first generation ECX Amp which is also upgraded as above. These trucks are awesome when they are upgraded. Out of the 36 rc's that i have they are my favorite. Here are some pictures of my blue Crush and my Amp. Happy Rc'ing to you and use your imagination and ideas.

View attachment 6471View attachment 6472View attachment 6473View attachment 6474View attachment 6476View attachment 6477View attachment 6478View attachment 6480View attachment 6481View attachment 6482
Wow, amazing work.

What did you make those body mounts out of? I need to fabricate something.

What are you using for camber links in the rear? The cheap Banggood ones I bought got super sloppy very quickly.

The body mounts are Proline Extended body mount thumb nuts or sometimes called thumb washer. What i do if possible is flatten the top of the body post and drill for a M4 set screw, then screw the set screw into the drilled hole about half the length of the set screw that comes with the kit. If you have an M4 tap its better to tap the hole just enough to start the set screw, after that the set screw will make its own threads in the plastic/nylon. Its a lot faster removing the body with the thumb screws.
Proline makes body lift kits. The camber links i use are Traxxas steel links, do not use aluminum as they will bend. I usually keep different sizes of links on hand as there not that expensive.

pro6070-02.jpgtra2443.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back