Tool bag for carrying car + radio, etc?

i_r_beej

I don't know if any of you have tried this, but it struck me that a large tool bag might be suitable for carrying a car plus radio and some tools to the track. If you have tried it, what bag did you end up getting? I think I'm just going to make a few measurements and go to Home Depot and see what they have on hand.

Unless it's a huge tool bag I would think you'd have problems getting a 1/8th or maybe even a 1/10th scale car, radio and other gear in it. Let us know how it works out for you though and take some pictures.

Have you tried this out? Here in Chicago we have no place to bash:oops:... so maybe I might need one of these bags to carry my rc to the park (baseball field sand bash :D) has it worked out?

I'm not letting this subject drop-- just been travelling a lot lately and I'm upgrading all the camber links on my car to turnbuckles and installing new shocks. I'll also be experimenting with 2-stage pistons in the rear. So... my car is "in the shop" for a while and I haven't had time to go look at tool bags.

I found the old bag that my Ryobi tool set came in. It was the perfect size for the Boost! Previously I had been throwing stuff in a Timbuk2 bag and hand carrying the car, but this "all-in-one" solution is much better. I'd like some better way of carrying the batteries so they're not just bumping around loose in the bag. I think some of the larger tool bags feature internal pockets so I'll have to get to Home Depot to check out the offerings.

The rough dimensions of this bag: 20" x 10" and 13" deep when open.

Here's the bag showing all the stuff I'd take to the track:
car-in-bag-1.jpg

And here's the bag - with everything in it - zipped up. It wasn't a squeeze, there was plenty of room.
car-in-bag-2.jpg

We used to use my kids school backpack to carry his boost/radio/batteries/tools to the track. It had 3main large pockets. It all fit fine. Everything was nicely seperated too.Got it at walmart 12 or 20 cant remember. Since we have 2 rc's now i just got medium tool box that carries everything except the cars.
But it was nice for carrying everything.

Attachments

• 20160301_154852.jpg
    20160301_154852.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20160301_154844.jpg
    20160301_154844.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 19
Ive always used a toolbox to carry my tools, batterys, chargers, etc. Especially when i take my savage places(nitro). But that looks like a good idea, i may have to look into that.

They make pit bags for this. If you go on tower or amain look up car hauler bags.

Many of the other people at the track i visit have those things-- they're HUGE! Nice though. But I don't think I'll ever cart around that much stuff. :)

Many of the other people at the track i visit have those things-- they're HUGE! Nice though. But I don't think I'll ever cart around that much stuff. :)

You say that now. Just wait. Lol j concepts makes some nice bag also in differnt sizes. I know they make a rolling duffle bag.

I've read where some of the hardcore crawler crowds will do some hiking to get to their good spots. They use a regular backpack like a Jansport or whatever then pack it with water, snacks, tools, etc. Then hang the truck on the back using some Molle straps or a couple of latching hooks around the suspension.

I have a tote I use and I'll put three or four in there. I use a small tackle box for a tool box and keep some spares in it, too.

I scored ! I just found my [ older model ] JConcepts backpack !!! Driving the Vorza with my Ruckus in the backpack
JwoxT8hm.jpg

like this https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/sct-backpack

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back