Torment Motor upgrade

Hawk2K

Hello,

I recently installed a Titan 12T motor in my Torment and it is running in reverse at a higher speed than in forward. I researched the issue and changed the motor wires. My issue now is that it screams for a few minutes then slows considerably after about 2-3 minutes. I am about to change out my ESC to see if there is an issue with it. If this does not change the outcome, what would be some issues that I need to look into? It is a brushed system and I did not have the issue with the 15T motor that I was running. I am running 2s lipo batteries with the stock radio and ESC with an upgraded high voltage servo. I am waiting to install a Radio Link radio once I resolve the speed issue. Any advice is appreciated. -Thanks

you didn't specifiy what exact model you have but google suggests that the stock brushed torment 2wd esc is DYNS2210 ESC which is rated max at 12T on 2S lipo so you're right on the edge of its limits. if it's working fine for a few minutes and then tapering off I'm thinking the motor is asking more of the ESC than it has to offer especially if the servo is also asking more than stock from it. if you go back to the 15T motor does the issue resolve? can you get a heat gun on the ESC and motor to start and then again when you start to have the issue?

you didn't specifiy what exact model you have but google suggests that the stock brushed torment 2wd esc is DYNS2210 ESC which is rated max at 12T on 2S lipo so you're right on the edge of its limits. if it's working fine for a few minutes and then tapering off I'm thinking the motor is asking more of the ESC than it has to offer especially if the servo is also asking more than stock from it. if you go back to the 15T motor does the issue resolve? can you get a heat gun on the ESC and motor to start and then again when you start to have the issue?
Thank you for your response. I did put the 15T dynamite back in and the issue was resolved. I do not know what happened with the two 12 motors, but they did not workout. I am sticking with the original 15T for the next month as I work thru issues with the new RadioLink controller. then I will either go 12T or make the jump to a bushless set up. I have a 4WD Torment and tried to make the same motor swap that I performed in my 1:10 AMP 2WD, but had a drastic difference in results. both have had high voltage servos installed and I am running 2S lipos. The Torment is just not cooperating.. I was able to find some reviews on one of the 12T motors that I bought and found that others had the same reverse issue. I am just going to hold on for a few weeks and then get back at it.

Thank you for your response. I did put the 15T dynamite back in and the issue was resolved. I do not know what happened with the two 12 motors, but they did not workout. I am sticking with the original 15T for the next month as I work thru issues with the new RadioLink controller. then I will either go 12T or make the jump to a bushless set up. I have a 4WD Torment and tried to make the same motor swap that I performed in my 1:10 AMP 2WD, but had a drastic difference in results. both have had high voltage servos installed and I am running 2S lipos. The Torment is just not cooperating.. I was able to find some reviews on one of the 12T motors that I bought and found that others had the same reverse issue. I am just going to hold on for a few weeks and then get back at it.
When you say drastic difference in results what exactly do you mean? Your 4WD has a DYNS221.

What happens if you use the 12T in your 2wd with the stock servo (just for diagnostics)?

This new user is having a similar sounding issue. Without further diagnostic information I’m going to stick with the theory that the ESC is entering a limp mode caused by overdrawing it and/or heat. The likelihood of getting two out of the box dud 12T is pretty small

Latest posts

Members online

Back