Total Noob. AMP MT no beep. no throttle

maximumjackson

Hi. I bought my son an AMP MT 1/10 Monster Truck for Christmas. He's played with it for a couple of days under normal dry conditions. street. dirt. dry grass. Today we took it up a sandy hill. It stopped and now we have no throttle. It doesn't beep when it turns on. He's pretty heartbroken. Seems like most forums are suggesting to try and re-bind. But the instructions show a button to push...which doesn't exist on our model. How do I do this? Any other things to try?

The beeps come from the motor your motor is probably shot. If your servo works and moves when you turn the wheel your esc/receiver is bound to your transmitter.

Check the motor by taking the motor leads and connect them directly to a battery and see if it spins if it does not replace the motor.

Last edited:
Max, don't be disappointed, the AMP is a great truck to start out with and easy to work on. Hayitsme suggestion is the way to go, sounds to me the motor went bad. I myself have an AMP, it was my first RC and to this day one of my favorites (However it's all molded out) which you guys can do also. It's a great truck to do upgrades on. With it being stock right now I would keep out of the grass, those stock brushed motors don't do to well in the grass, I went through 3 motors running in the grass, until I upgraded to brushless. It is habit forming as I have 28 RC now.

20181206_182207.jpg20181206_182150.jpg20181205_200410.jpg20181205_200552.jpg20181129_181213.jpg20181129_181238.jpg

Turn it on and adjust the throttle trim on the controller until you hear the normal start beep sequence. Happens to me all the time because I constantly adjust the throttle trim on mine. Hopefully that is your issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Back