Transmission

Crab

ruckus 2wd. Had metal gears in it already. Is their something better out there? I stripped the gears and bearings out this weekend. I looked at proline. But all I could find was stampede stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 19
Holy cow. I'm not aware of anything sturdier, what power system do you run? Or did the slipper clutch seize?

Holy cow. I'm not aware of anything sturdier, what power system do you run? Or did the slipper clutch seize?
Well lol. I let local place put in a castle sct 3800. But I've turned punch to 60% now. Guess might be time to say screw it and pull motor out. Maybe install a 3400 or something. Slipper and spur gear are stock. I thought it would get those first.
Just got her all back together. Slipper. Spur. And new proline wheels with swampers. Took a whole 2 mins in gravel. And sounded like a chainsaw.

I tore apart one of the metal gears in my ruckus 2wd. Not real happy. Maybe there was a bad batch out there. Nothing like a hobby to relax yourself.;)

The gears will strip if you don't assemble properly...from the wheels to the slipper.

I can't stress this enough, inspect prior to sealing everything back up and inspect prior to putting the motor back in with the spur gear. If it feels stuck, take it back apart. Stuck will not fix itself by installing the motor, stuck will end up breaking stuff. Constantly inspect or you will end up with broken gears. Don't take things apart and slap thing back together expecting 100% perfection every time where stuff won't break, constantly inspect or things will get costly.

If you feel a flat spot, it isn't right. It should spin freely all the way around a few times, not just once or half a turn it doesn't take long to verify, it is costly to not verify.

Last edited:
I just got the gears installed and it was working great then the motor started smoking. One day all the things will work together and it will be a good time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back