transmitter help

joerenteria

I recently bought a exc amp mt. the seller did not have the transmitter that goes to it. I have a tactix ttx300 that I took to my local RC shop and he could not get it to pair with my truck. Do I have to buy the factory transmitter or what can I buy that would work with this truck? I am new to the RC world so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The amp has a receiver and ESC in one unit. The only way to use the stock one would be with a new ECX amp receiver.
Or you could buy a new ESC, receiver, and transmitter, whatever brand you would like.

Edit. Since you have a tactic transmitter, all you would need would be a new ESC and a tactic receiver

I have an extra Spektrum DX2E I'll send you. P.M. me you contact info. The TTX300 uses FHSS and is not compatible with your DSM* receiver. Even my little ECX Roost with combined RX/ESC has a bind button. Don't have an AMP but the DX2E should pair with it.

Steve

Haven't tried it. I'll give it a shot and post the results! It's the only one I don't have bound to my DX4C.

No, the ESC/Rx unit is not DSMR. I believe that it is FHSS. But it's not a Spektrum product and thus won't bind with a Spektrum transmitter.

That's correct, it won't be of any use, unfortunately. @joerenteria your best bet will be to get the "OEM" transmitter from HH. Looks like they've changed it a bit from the model that I have so I'd call HH and tell them what ESC/Rx you have and ask which version transmitter you need.

Of course, you could also buy a Tactic Rx and a new ESC. The ECX transmitter is US$34 (before shipping costs), and the Spektrum DX2E and SR310 sch Rx combo is US$60 (before shipping). You'd just have to decide how much you want to spend.

Personally I'd invest in new electronics: Spektrum stuff is good and I personally favor Hobbywing ESCs. I have HW ESCs in two cars and they make a HUGE difference in how the car responds to throttle input. Amazing. However, that, combinde with the DX2E would set you back about US$100. :(

I second what @i_r_beej said, spending over $30 on the TX is crazy considering that it's a matter of time before the ESC/RX combo unit goes up in smoke.

In your place I'd spend the money towards a better ESC and an RX that's compatible with your TX. Either way you're gonna be spending at least 1/3 of the cost of a new Amp, sorry.

Latest posts

Members online

Back