Two wheel drive rear differential

Acd

Okay I'm new to this and would greatly appreciate some help. I upgraded my 2wd Ruckus Monster truck motor and ESC to the 1/10 four pole 3000kv. First run strip metal gears in differential. I took it apart and replaced it with the plastic gears that were in it the beginning. Run it about 5 minutes and then it stripped those gears also. What am I doing wrong? And what do I need to do to get this problem fixed properly?

Is it possible you cracked the gear case.

I have broken 3 metal transmissions and they were all from doing something I probably should have thought about a little longer before I did it. I also have steel axles on my truck so all shock goes strait to the metal gears.

Just make sure your slipper isn’t locked. And sometimes they can stick. A few times while adjusting slippers on my cars I had the slipper nut completely of and the car would still drive around, it would still break loose fairly easily though.
If you don’t know what the slipper is it is an assembly that contains the large plastic gear next to the motor the spur gear is pressed between two metal plates and all it does is help obsorb some of the unwanted shock from rough terrain and jumps there are a few other parts but it’s easy to tell what’s going on pretty much by looking at it:). It helps to use a little thread lock to keep the nut from backing off.

Otherwise just keep an eye out for damaged gear housings and such because hardened metal gears don’t like sudden shock because I noticed they crack easily if hit the wrong way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back