Upgrade

wilmo78

hi very new to the rc world, got my son the amp mt was just wondering what I can do to get a bit more run time for him only getting about 15 minutes oh!! and a bit more speed for me lol

Last edited:
I have the AMP MT and I use Venom 4000mAh LiPo batteries. LiPo batteries are lighter and typically have a greater capacity (mAh) than NiMh batteries for the same price. LiPo batteries have a lower internal resistance and are able to supply more power, more quickly, than a NiMh battery.

The first time I put one in my AMP it seemed like a new car! Accelleration was a little more "punchier" and with the 4000 mAh pack I was getting a run time of about 45-50 minutes on a full charge.

The AMP cars don't have LiPo compatible ESCs - this just means that they don't have a built-in low-voltage cut-off (LVC) which prevents the battery from draining too low (which would damage the battery). You can buy an external low-voltage alarm (which emits a LOUD beeping when the battery reaches a pre-set point) which plugs into the balance lead of the battery. These can be had for less than US$10. When the alarm goes off, it's time to stop driving!

I have the AMP MT and I use Venom 4000mAh LiPo batteries. LiPo batteries are lighter and typically have a greater capacity (mAh) than NiMH batteries for the same price. LiPo batteries have a lower internal resistance and are able to supply more power, more quickly, than a NiMH battery.

The first time I put one in my AMP it seemed like a new car! Accelleration was a little more "punchier" and with the 4000 mAh pack I was getting a run time of about 45-50 minutes on a full charge.

The AMP cars don't have LiPo compatible ESCs - this just means that they don't have a built-in low-voltage cut-off (LVC) which prevents the battery from draining too low (which would damage the battery). You can buy an external low-voltage alarm (which emits a LOUD beeping when the battery reaches a pre-set point) which plugs into the balance lead of the battery. These can be had for less than US$10. When the alarm goes off, it's time to stop driving!
Thanks will look in to this for him

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back