Venom 2s 30c 5000mah in my AMP MT?

CRK

Title says it all...

I will be adding a low voltage alarm everything else will be stock.

What do think? problems?

You'll be just fine. I myself run a venom 2s in my Amp. It's a pretty good improvement over the stock nimh battery.

Will the 30c cause any issues as opposed to a 20c?

Or is the motor and ESC only capeable of 20c..?

The higher "c" rating will not hurt a esc/motor. The "c" rating is the battery's capable discharge. Though the battery may be capable of a higher discharge, it will not discharge more than the esc/ motor can pull.

Many here run a 30 or 35c 2s in their rigs here.

Cool thanks for the quick replys !!

Pretty sure I get atleast 45 minutes to an hour out of my 5200mAh pack. But my kid doesn't drive it too hard.

Pretty sure I get atleast 45 minutes to an hour out of my 5200mAh pack. But my kid doesn't drive it too hard.

Perfect, I use mine as dog toy.. My Boarder terrier/boxer mix has a high drive to hunt. He loves the truck! I needed something that is not too crazy on the wallet, is tough enough for a 38lb feisty four legged buddy to give a shake, and cheap to upgrade/repair.

Plus my 11 and 14 yr old kids get to play with it also...

I run a 4000mAh/20C LiPo in my AMP and got bored before the battery triggered the LVM alarm. That was at least 45 mins. I have a Dynamite 15T 550 brushed motor in my car with 87/20 final gearing. The LiPo really woke up the car-- it was amazing the difference between LiPo and NiMH batteries.

VERY NICE!! ABOUT sums it up...

Today I received the 2s lipo. Man does it wake up the truck. Not so much top end speed, but take off and being able to stab the throttle and have some fun is very nice as is the increased run time.

Although the Venom charger that came with the new lipo is WAY better then NiCad charger (POS) that came with the truck, its taking over two hrs to fully charge my new 5000mah battery from 7.4 volts to 8.4 volts full charge.

You actually an EVEN BETTER charger. I use, and highly recommend, the Hitec X1 Mini, which retails for about US$45. As you may already know, the safest charging rate for LiPos is the "1C" rate (mAh capacity divided by 1000). This charges the battery in about an hour with minimal chance of combustion. ;) Some batteries will list 2C or 3C charge rates but it's still recommended that you charge at 1C. This is why I have two chargers and three LiPo batteries. :) I always have something on the charger so the fun doesn't have to stop. (Actually the motor gets hot and I have to stop anyway.)

I have the dynamite prophet sport plus. It charges up to 5A and is pretty nice. It has a loud fan that will randomly kick on though, so you can't really charge at night. Not that you need to when it will fill your biggest battery in a bit over an hour.

Members online

No members online now.
Back