Water cooled motor

2001twinsfan

hey has anyone ever tried to water cool there 2wd ecx torment motor. If so I’ve got some questions.

In my experience in the hobby I've never seen a water cooled motor. Usually the standard fans or heat-sinks are the way people deal with heat.

I've thought of it before but I imagine the setup is just to small to incorporate it.

hey has anyone ever tried to water cool there 2wd ecx torment motor. If so I’ve got some questions.
I'd say if you want water cooled, then get a boat. ;)

Water cooling a surface RC is pretty impractical due to the amount of water needed to be carried onboard, the fan(s) and radiator setup to cool said water. Really if you're getting so hot you need water cooling, then you're doing something really wrong... most likely gearing improperly.

I'll second that: liquid cooling is impractical due to the significant added weight of the fluid, pump, etc. If you really need some additional cooling, you can buy clamp-on fan mounts. They clamp on to the motor housing and allow the mounting of a 30mm fan. You plug the lead into an available port on your receiver. They work quite well!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back