Weird servo action

duneslider

Hey all,
I am getting back into the hobby along with my kids and my son has a ruckus 1/18 and we had a stripped out servo so I replaced that and now have a weird problem. I am not sure if the problem existed before the stripped servo or not. Anyway, when you start going forward or reverse the wheels turn generally to the right. You can then turn the wheels the other direction and it works for a few seconds and then they turn back. I am thinking there is an issue in the esc/rx on the truck but wasn't sure if maybe somehow the new servo was the problem. I just haven't ever encountered this type issue before. This issue doesn't seem to happen while bench testing though. Only once it is on the ground and you try to drive.

This isn't a drift. Literally, the wheels turn full lock right, then after a couple seconds they return to straight. It does it when I accelerate hard. I can hold it in my hand and watch it happen, pull the trigger it starts to go and wheels turn hard right then a second or two later they return to straight. Steering trim is set so it runs straight otherwise. It is like it is literally getting a signal to turn for just a few seconds then returns to center. I can even have it hard lock to the left and hit accelerator and it will jump hard lock right then go back to where the controls has it.

Is it possible your servo is pulling more power than the bec can put out. Try checking what the bec specs are for your electronics and what the servo is rated for. If the servo exceeds the bec specs then there will be all sorts of problems (servo wonders, radio cuts out, controls completely unresponsive).

If those aren’t the case possibly it was a bad servo from the factory.

Latest posts

Members online

Back