What am I doing wrong.

Briguy

Ruckus 2wd
Okay I have replaced the plastic transmission gears with metal gears put in a lipo battery and I have burned up 3 Motors. Traxxas 12T 550 t. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everything seems to move freely when Motors not connected to transmission runs fine. Did Breakin ran fine. Connected to transmission hooked up truck ran in air with no resistances and ran about 30 seconds smoke coming out of the motor. Slipper clutch adjusted as best as I could tell. Slipper clutch warm to the touch period what am I doing wrong?:(

Everything seems fine. I haven't made a lot of changes. Just what i thought i needed. Not going for anything fancy. I just wanna drive around with my kids. I just seem to be missing something.

What is the ESC rated for? The stock torment that I have was set up for a 15T motor. Could it be that the 12T is the issue with he stock gearing? Perhaps you need to look at a different pinion gear to run the 12T mtor? I know that these motors are pretty noctorious for burning up. The stock one I had burnt up since Christmans 2016. It actually broke something inside it and it hadn't been ran much.

How do you know what the esc is rated for i got it used. All my problems have started since the new esc. It came out if a traxxas. The new motor is a traxxas 12t 550. But all guts of tranny are esx.

Look on the ESC itself some have the info printed on it. If not and you are sure what traxxas it came out of you can try to look up the original specs for that car.

My ESC has it printed on it which says 2-3S Lipo input 8turn motor limit.....Also be sure the ESC is ok to use a lipo battery with it.

you may have a 15T motor limit esc and if you are running a 12T there could be problems there.

IF you run the engine "in the air" without resistence and you can push the car and nothing is binding up...it would have to be an issue with ESC/motor/battery combo IMO.

I am not an expert in this field but that makes the most sense to me.

Took it down to my lhs and he took it apart and was stumped. We starred at it with just no answers, then a light. There had been a spacer between the bearing and the spur gear plate. Well that was gone. Man was i relieved to find it out. Just put it back together and will give it a good running in the morning. I sure hope it was my spudidity. I was starting to lose faith in the truck.

Glad you found the lingering issue. I fear the titan 12Ts are going to keep crapping out on you though. I don't know anyone who has run one for months, you know :/

I guess I got a good one because I've been running my titan for about 8 months. Still as fast as the first day I got it. I broke it in by running half throttle for 2 packs, and I haven't cleaned it once. I guess I got lucky with mine.

The 550 12t is equal to a 540 15t in terms of winding inside. I found that on a traxxas forum a while back after I burnt up an Axial ae-5 on 3s. But the 550 isn't rated for 3s either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back