What happened to ECX?

I have noticed in those cheap motors the bearings tend to be rather hit or miss so maybe the bearing took a dump then overheated the motor idk.

Mine is the 3665 3100kv https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832450138245.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt I originally bought it for my Ruckus but it was a bit overkill for it. Now it sits in my Slashpede 4x4.

View attachment 7678

Whoa! Just saw Amazon has a 3674 that has some pretty good reviews. I can’t imagine the low end that thing makes

I still have my GoolRc combo, it's sitting in one of the torments i hardly ever drive, well the one i want to turn into a Midwest modified, but that's another story.
I am really happy with my Onyx and Hobbywing set ups. They truly take a beating.
I don't trust their escs, I see so many of them just randomly let out the magic smoke.

I rarely ever see people have issues with the motors, hell I even know people who swear by the eBay/Amazon cheapos.

My experience (reading others feedback) is the same. That’s why I didn’t mind the $50 or so (combined) I spent on the two goolrc test motors and would likely buy them again. My concern with the ESCs is the rate they seem to catch fire. When driving a chassis which has some difficult to replace and/or no longer made parts, I fear what else would be lost as it burned up, really catastrophic if it involved the lipo resting directly beneath it. It seems goolrc escs unalive themselves at about the same rate Russian armor and frigates do (and in equally dramatic fashion).

My experience (reading others feedback) is the same. That’s why I didn’t mind the $50 or so (combined) I spent on the two goolrc test motors and would likely buy them again. My concern with the ESCs is the rate they seem to catch fire. When driving a chassis which has some difficult to replace and/or no longer made parts, I fear what else would be lost as it burned up, really catastrophic if it involved the lipo resting directly beneath it. It seems goolrc escs unalive themselves at about the same rate Russian armor and frigates do (and in equally dramatic fashion).
For escs I try to stick with Hobbywing or Castle.

Ecx used to be a much more popular brand when I first got into this hobby, even these forums were a lot more active. This place is a ghost town anymore compared to what it once was. Ever since Horizon stopped allowing online sale of Ecx vehicles that really hurt the brand IMHO. The few upgrades that were available for the 1/18 stuff is all but gone now, the upgrades for the 1/10 platform are also disappearing, pretty sure Ecx stopped making their own upgrade parts as well as you cannot even find them listed on the Horizon website. The only things I can find are the metal upgrade diff gears and the shocks. The shock towers, the hubs, the steering bell crank, the wheel hexes, the servo horns, the motor mount plate all have gone the way of the dodo.
A lot of forums in general have slowed down or died as well with the rise of Facebook groups. Its more of a convenience to just post in a group of a platform your most likely already logged into.

I bought my 1/10 2wd torment direct from horizon in 2020 because it was 220cad total shipped to canada and have since then broke 90 percent of the parts 5 times over so I just resorted to fabbing up my own aluminum parts wherever is possible but my dad owns a marine service shop so that's helpful but even when I bought it there was a dwindling amount of parts and was very hard to get online I contacted them and they opened up online ordering for myself which I appreciated but before I started crafting parts I would just retro fit traxxas parts but I'm sad to see ecx dying hard and fast I love this truck I don't care how much it breaks that's part of the fun... unless you drive somewhere without tools with 2 or 3 packs charged up lol then can be a bit of a buzzkill but oh well but I think I want an arma next but 2wd if I can mod it

I bought my 1/10 2wd torment direct from horizon in 2020 because it was 220cad total shipped to canada and have since then broke 90 percent of the parts 5 times over so I just resorted to fabbing up my own aluminum parts wherever is possible but my dad owns a marine service shop so that's helpful but even when I bought it there was a dwindling amount of parts and was very hard to get online I contacted them and they opened up online ordering for myself which I appreciated but before I started crafting parts I would just retro fit traxxas parts but I'm sad to see ecx dying hard and fast I love this truck I don't care how much it breaks that's part of the fun... unless you drive somewhere without tools with 2 or 3 packs charged up lol then can be a bit of a buzzkill but oh well but I think I want an arma next but 2wd if I can mod it

I really wish that Arrma had a decent 2wd platform. The Voltage is barely better than a toy grade rc.

They switched Ecx to no online sales and in store only to "help" the local hobby shop. They even had no online sales for the parts for a while but I think enough people must have bitched about it because they started selling just the parts online. This was the death blow to Ecx I feel. They should have used one of their cheaper brands like Force Rc as their in store only brand.
so will ecx be no longer here on horizon, see the green circuit has been discontinued??

Latest posts

Members online

Back