What upgrades should I do to my stock ECX Amp truck?

Rockstead

I’ve had the truck for about a year and we are getting the itch for better / faster, or maybe other things I don’t know enough to even think of.

I’m thinking a light to go on at night would be cool.

Right now I’ve got 5000 mah Nimh batteries that I charge with an IMAX B6 v2 charger.

We can throw suggestions at you all day long.
It would help us, if you can tell us exactly what you want to accomplish, and what you have currently. 7.2v Nimh packs I assume?
A few questions,
Budget?
How fast?
How much better?
What kind of driving do you do, or want to do?
Does the truck have a brushed or brushless motor?

We can throw suggestions at you all day long.
It would help us, if you can tell us exactly what you want to accomplish, and what you have currently. 7.2v Nimh packs I assume?
A few questions,
Budget?
How fast?
How much better?
What kind of driving do you do, or want to do?
Does the truck have a brushed or brushless motor?

It says 7-cell 5000mah NiMH 8.4 battery pack
Faster than it is now, I’m not sure what I mean by better but tighter steering would be nice for one or a light like I mentioned if those kind of mods are done or even worth it.

It’s an ECX03028T1 and specifies brushes motor in the specs.

Ok, now then, you didn't mention anything about a budget..... :lol:
If faster is what you want, how much faster? :lol:
First off, I think the 8.4v pack will work for now. I would look into a good ESC brushless combo. That will get you faster off the bat, then at some point move over to 2s Lipo, faster yet 3s Lipo packs.
But with more torque and higher speeds comes breakage. Whether its your fault or the increased power.
There are several things you can do to improve the steering, RPM's servo saver eliminator comes to mind.
marry that with upgraded captured end links, that will improve the steering slop by a great deal.

Lights are very doable. There are easy to install kits out there to purchase, all depends on how many you want. Use some creativity and you are golden. Heck you can even put brake lights on it.

Traxxas 3643 Turnbuckles for front & rear
Traxxas 3644 Turnbuckles for front steering
Traxxas 3678 wheelie bar
ECX9001 Metal trans gears
RPM 73492 Servo Saver Eliminator
Fan & heat sink
Hot Racing HRASECT887 Spur Gear 87T
Hot Racing HRASECT288X06 Drivshafts
Hot Racing ECT0806 Front Suspension Mnt
Hot Racing ECT2806 Front Shock Tower
Hot Racing ECT1906 Caster Blocks
Hot Racing ECT2106 Steering Knuckles