What wheel wideners did you go with?

BigrigRoss

I recently upgraded my temper to 1.9 axial wheels and tires and they rub pretty bad I was wondering what kind and where did you guys get yours

Attachments

• 0513161816.jpg
    0513161816.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 43
I just rechecked Amazon - the 13mm are available, but for about twice the price I paid. There are others running the 19mm successfully.

My local hobby shop had 14mm's in stock so that is what I went with. Alot I've guys seem to go with the 19mm's. Kind of wish I had held out and ordered the 19mm. Even my 1.7 boggers on stock wheels rub at full tire

Happy I came across this thread. I've been trying to figure out what size wideners to use as well, think I will eventually get the 19mm as well. Tire and wheel combo I still haven't decided on though...

The barrage uses the same axles and wheel wideners stock so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just installed some 25mm on mine time to upgrade the servo.

Well we have been doing some work this week on the Temper. 1.9 Rims and Tires...Rear steering...front alum hubs and spindles. The Aluminum hubs and spindles were a pain in Arse. No where on the ECX site does it tell you or show that you need different screws for the Alum parts to work with each other. Not to mention even selling them on their site. To me it looks like someone came up with the idea to make the alum parts. But forgot to put together a screw package...or include them to change over with each part. They really need to take it a step further lol. I ended up going back to the hobby store and spending a bit of time/money on finding different screws and inserts that we thought would work. come home again and try to make it work.

I ended up having to drill out the stock insert the goes in the spindle to fit the larger diam screws. Also added washers to make this work. In the end I believe I have a working setup. Only thing left is to get the 19mm extentions that should show up today or Monday next week. Then the tires will not rub at all. Overall the tires I decided to get and the rims the kid picked out the truck looks Bad A$$. My son absolutely loves it now... I have to say we did a good job with it and I like it much more now. If I didn't have my own Losi Night Crawler 2.0 I'd be rocking the Temper as well.

Problem I have now is, I just might have to do the 4 wheel steering on the Losi soon. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back